Warm Days Before The Cold

Alex's life was great before the blizzard hit the whole city. He was a lanky, short haired man with eyes like diamonds with his scruffy blonde hair flowing in the wind. He was happily married to the man of his dreams: Oscar. Oscar was short, with black hair reaching his shoulders, his eyes a dark green that pierced Alex's soul at first glance.

They had an adopted daughter whom was named after Oscar's late grandmother Anne. The little girl had a frizzy head of brown hair and the most beautiful smile.

A few weeks before the blizzard was to hit they were all leading ordinary lives. Peaceful and silent. Two things people strive for in a busy life. It all starts with the same routine everyday.

Alex slowly opened his eyes to see his husband snoring next to him. He grins and nudges Oscar.

"Stop nudging me, I'm sleeping." Oscar groaned as he rolled on his side.

Alex wrapped his arm through his and pulled him close to his body.

"C'mon, you have to take Anne to school." He brings Oscar close and kisses him softly on the cheek. Oscar opened his eyes as he smirked evilly before tackling and pinning Alex on the bed.

"It's Saturday, Al." He giggles and kisses Alex softly on the lips. His coffee stained lips connected with Alex's vanilla lips and they stayed there as the two wrapped their arms around the other.

"I just wanted an excuse to get the bed to myself." Alex laughs as he looks up at his amazing husband.

Oscar lets out a single laugh.

"Exactly why I love you. You're so damn.." He pauses and looks to the ceiling.

"Hot?" Alex grins.

"Yourself." Oscar looks down at Alex and sighs with a smile.

"And hot." Oscar says as he rolls his eyes. Alex gives a big smile and brings Oscar in for another kiss.

"Let's go make some breakfast." Alex says as he moves from the bed with Oscar's hand in his. They head down the wooden stairs into the marble kitchen.

"Pancakes?" Oscar asks as Alex makes coffee and pours some blackberry squash.

"Hell yeah, pancakes!" Alex expresses loudly. Oscar grins and starts to make the pancakes as Alex sets up the table. Anne then walks in the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

"Dad?" She says softly. Alex and Oscar look towards her and smile.

"You have to be more specific, honey." Alex smiles as he goes over to her and picks her up.

"Just pretend that I'm talking to both of you." She smiles and hugs Alex. He giggles.

"What were you going to say?" Alex looks at her in his arms and pokes her nose.

"I can't find Theo." She makes a pouty face and crosses her arms.

"Let Daddy have a look for him, breakfast will be done so sit by the table." He puts Anne back down and she runs to the table to sit by it.

Alex wandered back upstairs and goes into Anne's room. He looks around for a while before finding a pink teddy bear with a white bow tie and a label that reads 'Theo'.

Alex rushed back down the stairs with Theo in hand. He then sat at the table and handed the bear to Anne. Who was bouncing with joy. Oscar then served up the pancakes and took a seat.

"Winter break is this month, right?" Oscar asked as he sipped his coffee. Alex simply nodded.

"I can't wait for Christmas!" Anne says with excitement. They laugh and agree with her. After they had laughed Alex turned on the television.

"Warnings of a severe blizzard to hit in the following week, anyone who lives within the main region must leave immediately. It is advised to take personal belongings and to wear layers of clothing." The weatherman said as they all sat in silence.

"We have to pack." Oscar started rushing around the house with three separate luggage bags; packing them with clothes. Alex chased after him.

"Oscar, what're you doing?" He follows behind him.

"Did you not just see that report? We have to go now before that blizzard hits." He continues packing before Alex stops him and looks him in the eye.

"Then let me help." Alex places his hand on top of Oscar's. They both look at eachother and smile, Oscar leans over to Alex and kisses him yet again.

"We don't have to leave until later in the week if you want to stay for a bit longer." Oscar said as he held his husband's hand tight.

"How does Friday sound?" Alex smirks as he looks into Oscar's eyes.

"Friday sounds nice, should we try and get Anne out the house?" He lets out a seductive grin and Alex softly blushes.

"Where would she go?" Alex asked quietly as he stared at Oscar.

"Up a friend's house for a few hours." Oscar grins as he slowly makes his way over to Alex.

"Let's go ask her first." Alex smiles as he takes Oscar's hand and goes back into the kitchen. Anne looks up at them and smiles.

"Honey? Would you want to go up a friend's house for a few hours so then Daddy and I can have us time?" Oscar asks as he hold Alex close to him. Anne nods and moves from her seat.

"Can I go up Alicia's?" She asked with a wide smile. The fathers nodded together and gave Alicia's mother a phone call to check if it's okay with her. A few minutes later Anne comes down the stairs dressed and ready. Alicia's mother pulls up at the front of the house and Alex and Oscar wave their daughter goodbye for now.

Alex proceeds to shut the door, when he turns around he sees Oscar only in his underwear looking at Alex with a sexual expression. Alex blushes slightly and takes off his clothing until he is too, only in his underwear. The two men stare at eachother before Oscar pins Alex against the front door; kissing him with intensity. Alex adds his tongue into the mix of the kiss.

"I've missed doing this." Alex expresses as his heart beats hard in his chest. Oscar caresses Alex's neck with his tongue and lips, looking at Alex with sheer lust in his eyes.

"You've missed my amazing sex, haven't you?" Oscar grins as he slowly rubs on Alex's crotch before putting his hand inside the boxers and starts moving his hand at different paces. Alex closes his eyes as he feels his husband's touch, Oscar's words filling his head with sexual thoughts.

"Y-you know I have." Alex stutters slightly as Oscar's pace quickens. Alex reaches for Oscar's underwear and swiftly pulls it down, using his hand at different paces for Oscar.

"Oh fuck, I've really missed this." Oscar says before picking up his husband by his legs and moving his weight onto Oscar's length. Alex lets out a soft moan as he moves up and down on his husband. They make their way up the stairs and into the bedroom where they continued to pleasure eachother immensely. The movements of the two men were swift together, moans and groans were thrown around along with an abundance of curse words. Alex hadn't felt pleasure like this since the first time he and Oscar had sex. They switched positions an hour in, Alex was rougher with his husband. But, Oscar wanted it. They both moaned and pleasured eachother with each different motion.

A few hours later they both lay still on the bed close together. Breathing heavily and sweating profusely.

"That was amazing." Alex muttered between his breathes.

"Definitely agreed." Oscar grins as he hugs Alex close. They both look at eachother.

"So we're evacuating on Friday? Isn't that cutting it a bit close?" Alex asks as he looks deeply into Oscar's eyes. Oscar looks back at Alex and runs his fingers through Alex's hair.

"The blizzard isn't due to hit until next Monday, we'll be fine." He gets closer to Alex and rests his head on a pillow.

"I hope so."