(Chapter 36) Boggart Lesson

Start from the beginning

"Well, now you know."

"I can't believe that Malfoy doesn't get punished, and Madam Pomfrey could mend bones and just use dittany to fix his blood arm in a minute." I hissed, looking down the table to see Pansy fawning over Malfoy. His arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, he was acting as if he's still terribly hurt.

"Don't fret over it, plus, Hagrid hasn't been sacked," Hazel patted me on the back. "Want to hear some good news? Lennie told me that the workshop is ready for us to use, and she said that she can bring sweets over anytime for us."

"Well, that's good,"

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" hollered Finnigan, as he ran into the Great Hall and slammed down the Daily Prophet on the Gryffindor table. Hazel and I climbed out of our seats and crowded the table to get a glance.

"Who?" asked Ron.

"Sirius Black!" Finnigan answered.

I looked over George's shoulder, getting a whiff of cinnamon and gunpowder from his hair. I took another whiff and mentally cursed myself for doing that.

"Dufftown?" Hermione squeaked. "That's not far from here,"

"Farther than Hogsmeade at least." I chimed in, making my presence known since George turned his head to only be inches away from mine. We both quickly looked away from each other quickly, our cheeks heating up without us noticing.

"You don't think he'll come to Hogwarts?" asked Hazel nervously. "Do you?"

"There's dementors at every entrance," a Gryffindor commented.

"He's already slipped past them once, hasn't he?" I retorted. "Who's to say he won't do it again? Escaping Azkaban is one thing, and breaking into Hogwarts is another. Both has its own weakness."

"That's right," Finnigan agreed. "Black can be anywhere, it's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

We all stared at the picture of Black screaming and being held off by Ministry guards, everyone felt uneasy about the news. My parents say they knew him back in Hogwarts, and in my mother's diary he was mentioned several times.

"Come on, Luci," said Hazel. "We have Defence Against the Dark arts class next."

We made our way back to the Slytherin table and packed up our books. "How are Ancient Runes?" I asked curiously.

"Really cool and fun," answered Hazel. "Me and Hermione don't have the same class, but me and Rodrick do, we partner up a lot."

I blinked, "Rodrick is a third year?"

"No, he's a fourth year, he just didn't take the class last year so he's behind on everything," Hazel replied. "Come on now."

We walked out of the great hall, following the other Slytherin and Gryffindor third years to Professor Lupin's classroom. When we had entered all the desk were moved to the side, and a large wardrobe that seemed to be wiggling was in the front of the class.

"Good afternoon," Professor Lupin greeted us with a grim smile, "you'll be only needing your wands today."

"I wonder what he'll be teaching us." I muttered to Hazel.

Everyone gathered in the center of the classroom, staring at the wardrobe curiously.

"Intriguing isn't it?" asked Professor Lupin as he walked to the front of the classroom. "Does anyone want to take a guess on what's inside?"

"That's a boggart that is," Dean Thomas answered.

"Very good, mister Thomas." replied Professor Lupin. "Now can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?"