CHAPTER-18

CHAPTER-18

It was already 9 p.m. Ansh was still busy with his work. He was handling a new project which is very important for the company. He was checking the file for the next day's meeting. Slowly he was getting irritated. From the morning his employees have been working but they are unable to give him the result he wants. Thrice he had already ordered them to change the content of the file but still, he was unsatisfied. Finally, he decided to work on the contents alone and sent his employees home. Before starting with the work, he texted Avni that he will be late tonight.

After one hour, he completed his work. He quickly gathered his things and went out of his office. He wanted to reach home as quickly as he could. He knew Avni must be waiting for him. He reached in front of his house's gate and pressed his horn so that the guard could open the door. After entering the gate, he parked his car and got out of his car. He decided to surprise Avni, so he opened the door with his own keys.

He walked through the corridors and was just going to enter the drawing room. But stopped in his tracks when he heard his name being taken in the conversation between his mother and wife. He knew eavesdropping is bad but still decided to do so.

[ "Mom what if Ansh ji leaves me someday?" "Avni why would Ansh leave you? Did he do something to doubt him?" "No mom... He didn't... Rather he takes care of me so much... He always makes sure that I am not alone in this.... I cannot ask a better husband than him..." "Then why do think that he will leave you?" "Because I cannot give him a child... I know mom I shouldn't let these thoughts enter my mind... But I cannot help think of it... I am scared mom... I am really scared."]

After hearing his wife's fear, Ansh felt hurt. He had never thought that Avni would have these kinds of thoughts. 'How can she think that I will leave her? Does she think my love for her is that weak? Does she not trust me?' After standing there for some more minutes, Ansh decided to let them know of his presence. He entered the drawing room and cleared his throat to gain his attention.

"Ooh, Ansh Ji when did you come back??"Avni asked him. He looked her at but didn't answer her question. Rather h turned towards his mom. "Mom, why are you still awake? It's good for your health." "I was not feeling sleepy. So I decided to accompany Avni." "I am back Mom. Now you should go and sleep." "I am going... Goodnight Ansh... Good night Avni.." "Good night Mom." Both wished at the same time. Pratima left from there and went to her room.

"Ansh ji... You freshen up. I will heat up the food and bring it to the room." "No need... I have already eaten." Ansh said in a cold voice. Avni was shocked at his tone. Without waiting for any reply, Ansh went from to his room, leaving a confused Avni behind.

Ansh went to his room and sat down on the sofa. He didn't know what to do. He knows he is being foolish, acting so cold to his wife but he was hurt. He thought Avni would share his fears and thoughts with him but guess so, she was still not so comfortable with him.He decided to not talk to her for now. Already just because things are not going incorrect way in the office, he is pissed. In this state, he might unknowingly say something which will hurt her. He decided to not talk to her till she realizes her thoughts have hurt him.

Ansh got up and went to the closet to take out her clothes. He went to take a shower as it would calm his thoughts down.After the shower, Ansh got out of the washroom and saw Avni was leaning against the headrest, reading the book. He ignored her presence and went to the balcony to hang the wet towel.

After hanging the towel, Ansh decided to stand there for some as the nice wind was blowing. He stood there letting his thoughts fly in any directions they want. He soon got lost in his deeply. He came back to his senses only when he felt someone shaking his right arm. The sudden shaking got startled. He came down after few seconds and looked at his right, to find Avni looking at him with a worried expression.

"Ansh ji, what are you doing here?" "Nothing." "Aren't you tired?" "I am.." "Then why don't..." "Will you stop asking me a question? I am irritated." Ansh said in a higher tone. Avni once again got surprised by his behavior. "Ansh ji..." "What??? What do you want ???" Hearing his high tone slowly tears started to form in her eyes. "Ansh ji why are behaving like this?" "My life... My behavior... Who are you to ask me about my behavior? And who am I to you that my behavior will mean anything to you?" Avni was now totally in tears. "I am your wife...You are my husband. Obviously, your behavior will concern me" Avni replied while tears continuously ran down her cheeks. "Ohh seriously?" "Ansh ji..." "If you truly considered me as your husband then you wouldn't have those fears. Then you wouldn't have let 'I am going to leave you' thoughts enter your mind." Avni was shocked knowing that Ansh had heard her conversation with her mother-in-law. "Ansh ji... you. Heard..." "Yess I heard everything... I know I shouldn't have eavesdropped but I am happy I heard it. At least I got to know that my wife has zero trusts in me and that my confession means nothing to her. She thinks I am like those sick idiots who leave their wife just because they are unable to bear their child. Wow, Avni. I never knew you thought so low of me. I thought after the confession you wouldn't hide anything from me. But I am wrong. You just think a lot and hide those thoughts inside of you." "Ansh ji please..." "I had decided I was not going to talk to you but then I realized if I don't speak my mind then I am going to the same thing you are doing. That's why I told you everything. After hearing your conversation with mom I was hurt. I never knew you had those thoughts going on in your head. I am sorry Avni I shouted at you. But then your words did really hurt me." Ansh said and left. After he went away Avni sat down and cried.

After some time she got inside and saw Ansh sitting on the bed and checking his phone. Avni went near the bed and sat down on the bed. "Ansh ji..." "Ansh ji..." She called his name more four times but got no reply... "Avni ji please..." "No Avni not now... Please not now... Give me some time to calm down." Saying that Ansh laid down under the sheets and turned in other direction. Seeing his back, more tears rolled down. Avni switches off the lights and lay down. That night she cried looking at his back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another update. Please ignore the grammatical mistake... I hope you all like it...

please do vote and comment...