PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Sitting infront of the holy fire , Avni could feel her heart beating faster. She didn't know, she was nervous or afraid. After today she is going to start a new life, which she is going to share with her husband. She was just 21 and had to enter a new phase of life. She was not ready for this. It was not like she was against the marriage but still she was not ready. Her parents were happy that such a good proposal came for her and accepted it without any second thought. She also had no reason to reject the proposal as the groom was Sakshi (her best friend)'s brother. She had met him few times when she had gone to her house and always thought of him as good person . She didn't know anything about being a wife. She just remembers her mother saying her to always follow in-laws and husband's orders, take care of them, be a good wife to your husband and a good daughter-in-law to your in-laws . She remembers one more thing her mother had said; " always think about your new family before taking any actions."

Avni was brought out of the trance when she felt Ansh tying mangalsutra around her neck. Feeling the mangalsutra on her neck, her nervousness increased. She looked up to meet the eyes of Ansh who was putting sindoor on her hair parting. When Ansh saw her looking at him he gave her a smile. Seeing his smile, she relaxed a bit. Soon all the rituals were over and it was time for Avni to go to her new house. While hugging her parents she couldn't help herself and cried a lot.

At night after every rituals were over , Avni was sitting on the bed , waiting for Ansh to come. Today was her wedding night and she was afraid. She didn't want to consummate her marriage today. Just then sound of door being opened was heard , disturbing her thoughts. She looked up and saw Ansh coming up to her and her heart started beating even more faster. Sitting on bed infront of her, Ansh smiled st her. " Hey if you are thinking about the wedding night thing , then don't worry I won't take until you are ready. I know this is new for us and its going to take some time to adjust with each other. Let's start this relationship with being friends t, so that it becomes easy for us to become comfortable with each other." Hearing his words Avni gave a genuine smile. She was happy to have an understanding man as her husband.

AUTHOR NOTE

This is my first time writing a marriage story. I hope you like it. please feel free to point out y mistakes. 

Thank you for reading it. And if you like please do vote. I will be thankful.