CHAPTER 11

Today is 31st December, the last day of the year. Tomorrow a new day, a new year will start. Everyone was excited. Pratima and Arjun had returned yesterday. Like every year, this year also the Ahuja family was going to arrange a party tonight. The ladies were in charge of the decoration and guest list while the gents were in charge of catering. The Garden was being decorated for the party. From the morning everyone was busy.

Avni was the most excited one. Not because it was her first organizing a party but because her parents were also invited to the party. It has been more than months since she had met her parents and sister. She was eagerly waiting to meet them. Thinking that her family is coming, the smile never left her family.

Avni was instructing the decorators when she heard Arjun calling her. "Avni." She turned around and found Arjun standing at the entrance of the garden. "Ji dad." She went towards him. "Have you seen Ansh?" "No, dad... Last time I saw him, he was talking to the caterers. After that, I haven't seen him." "Where has the boy gone? Can you please check if he is in your room?" "Sure dad." Avni went to her to check if Ansh was there or not.

Avni entered the room and found sitting on the bed. His laptop was opened in front of him but he was lost in his own thoughts. Avni has noticed that from few days he was being aloof. "Ansh ji.." She called him but got no reply from him. He was still lost. She went and stood in front of him. She waved her hand in front of his face and called him. "Ansh ji...." Ansh suddenly got out of the trance and saw Avni standing in front of him. "Oh, Avni when did you come?" "A little while ago" "Ohh. I didn't see you coming." "Because you were lost in your own world. Ansh ji from few days I am noticing you. You have suddenly become so aloof, especially around me. Why Ansh ji? Have I done something?" "I am not being aloof... you are thinking too much... Tell me why are you here? Hows the work going on downstairs?" Ansh tried his best to change the topic. "Ohhh Ansh ji I forgot... Dad is calling you and said its urgent." "Ohhh k lets go." Both then went downstairs. Avni was still not satisfied with Ansh's reply. She has decided she will ask him after the party.

At evening, Avni and Sakshi were getting ready for the party together. Avni was wearing a black saree while Sakshi had decided to wear a white frock. Avni was making her plates when a knock on the door was heard. Sakshi went to open the door and found Ansh standing. Ansh was already in his suit, looking handsome just as always. "What is it bhaiya?" "Please call Avni. I cannot find my tie?" "She is wearing her saree... search your tie yourself." "Please Sakshi... I have searched everywhere but I cannot find it... I have to go down. The quest will arrive soon." "Wait let me call her." Ansh waited for Avni outside the room while checking his phone. When he heard the door opening, he looked up from his phone and got mesmerized by seeing the beautiful lady standing in front of him. There stood Avni in her black saree, with diamond earring and just a black watch on her left hand. She was looking simple yet beautiful. Avni rarely wears saree but then Ansh was happy that she does n't, he doesn't want anyone to see her beauty... he just wants her for himself.

He was still admiring her when suddenly those things once again enter his mind and he took his eyes off her. "Ansh ji what is it? Why were you calling me?" Ansh cleared his throat and replied... "Avni I cannot find my black tie." "It must be in your cupboard." "I have checked that but I cannot find it." "Let me check then." "Okay.." Both then went to their room. Avni opened Ansh and searched his tie. After 5 minutes she finally found it. All this time Ansh was looking at and thinking how will he say everything to her. He was afraid that after knowing everything, she might hate him. And he doesn't want that. He cannot live if she hates him. He likes her so much that he cannot even bear the thought of hating. But the guilt of not saying him also was eating him up. He got out of his trance when he heard Avni's voice.