Chapter Seven: Understanding

After spending what seemed like hours-in the great hall-laughing and eating whatever she wanted, Sadie decided to go out and explore her kingdom.

With Hedwig by her side, she left the castle and started walking. There was so much to see, touch and even taste.

She didn't bother to follow any paths. She would forge her own, all the while discovering this world that her mind had created.

There were bird-like creatures chirping happily and singing. Fairies fluttering about gracefully in the air, twirling and diving as if they were dancing on the wind.

Sadie and Hedwig came to a vast clearing. This is where the larger creatures seemed to roam. There was an enormous cuddly, green elephant with a single pink patch stitched onto its hind quarters.

Sadie recognised him straight away. She had an identical toy back in her bedroom.

Her faced glowered.

"What's the matter, Princess?" Asked Hedwig.

"Do I have to go home?"

"Yes. But do not worry. For, as long as you need us, you will be able to come back."

"What is this place, Hedwig?"

Hedwig looked around, making sure there were no others close by. "It is a safe place. But..." Hedwig pulled a face, "don't let anything happen to that blanket of yours. It isn't just the way in, it is the way out as well."

Sadie cocked her head slightly, she didn't completely understand. She shrugged. "Okay. My Grandma Rosie gave me this blanket for my birthday," Sadie stroked the bit of blanket covering her chest, "I'll never let anything happen to it."

"Good. And one more thing, Princess. Don't ever-"

Hedwig was interrupted by loud rustling in the candy bushes behind them. They both turned around immediately as a Pegasus stepped forth.

The Pegasus whinnied and trotted around, circling Sadie once, before stopping in front of her. This made Sadie giggle.

"Excuse me, Princess. But it is time to wake up." Said the Pegasus.

Sadie looked to Hedwig with wide eyes as she asked him, "I'm sleeping?"

"Well technically, no. But in your world, it is time for you to get out of bed. Before someone comes to wake you and finds that you aren't there." Hedwig replied.

"Oh." Is all Sadie said.