Chp. 17 A Simpleton's Walk

Narrator

Previously:

"I did it for you" He mumbles, but you hear. "Awwe! Keith!" You said with an eye-closed smile with your head titled a bit. He thought it was adorable and swore he would die because of you. "Want me to teach you a few things?" You ask with your eyes open, but still a smile on your face. "S-sure"

You both spent the whole day on training and learning a few more moves yourself. You and Keith had a blast.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You all got back from another accomplished mission. Allura said it was night time right now (basically 10:46 PM) so we should all head to sleep. You being the insomniac you are wake up at 2:57 AM. You couldn't head back to sleep, you just couldn't. You spot Glitch in the corner of the room with a book on her lap and head...wait head?! You walk over and spot SQUISHY on that book. You couldn't resist so you took your Polaroid camera that you signal handedly made when you were only ten years of age from your dresser. You thought it was sweet that Allura kept everything you ever made or got in a separate room just for you.

(Dis be da camera)

(Dis be da camera)

You made sure that there was film inside and took the picture. The flash didn't bother Glitch but did bother SQUISHY. SQUISHY onlined and mad angry beeping sounds in Morse code because it was his (Yeppers, it's a he now) only way of speech.

.:What was that for?:.

"You just looked so cute!" You whispered hiding your smile behind the camera.

.:Why are you up at 3:00 in the morning?:.

"Can't sleep" You bluntly say.

.:I have intel on that if you take a walk and clear what is on your mind you will be able to go back to sleep:.

"Really?" SQUISHY beeps a 'Yes' "Well then I'll be back. But first..." You pick up Glitch and place her in your bed and pull the covers up and giver a kiss on the forehead. Her forehead is cool against your warm lips. "If she wakes up and asks where I am tell her I went for a walk and will be back soon"

.:Affirmative Skotos:.

"Thank you" You say as you leave the room. You roam the empty and dark halls of the Castle-ship; Bored and now a bit drowsy, you try to find you way back to your room and eventually find it and get into bed. You hear light snores and their breath hitches-

Wait a sec! You think.

You crack your eyes open a tiny bit and find a blushing Lance face to face with me.

"Oh my Lull- gah!" You fall off the bed. "What are you doing in my room?!" You yell at Lance. Thankfully the walls in all the sleeping quarters are soundproof (A/n: Don't get any ideas😒)

"Your room?! This is my room!" "Wait.." You sit up cross-legged and look around the room and see it's a different design than your own. "Oh.." You then put your head in your hands and rub your face trying to get the sleepiness out of your system for a bit. "Sorry Lance, I'm just tired and I guess I was to tired to see which room I landed in when I was walking back to my room" "That's ok Skotos! If you want I could walk you back to your room if you like" Surprisingly he didn't try flirting with you. Well the fact that you look like you haven't gotten any sleep is making him more worried than flirtatious. You nod your head 'yes' and mumble a small 'please and thank you'. He chuckles and gets up from bed and helps you up. You both walk out and you absentmindedly out your hand in his and intertwining both your fingers with each other's. He blushes at your action. But you make his blush he'll fire when you put your head on his shoulder and close your eyes. "So why were you roaming the halls?" "I couldn't sleep" "Because~?" "Well...I just miss my planet and my family...last time I saw them, we were having this big festival with lights and music and food! My dad's watch and my mom's pie recipe is all I have left of them and some berries I started growing in my room...I...I just want so them one last time y'know?" "Yeah...I know" He says all nostalgic like. He looks down again and sees you asleep.

Cute... He thought.

He picks you up bridal style and carries you back to your room. You curl up to the Lance for warmth because you are just wearing a tank top and some comfy sleeping shorts with your favourite galaxy norca's (Basically moccasins but that is what the Lulloran kind called them) that fit snug on your feet. He got to your room and got confused. "Keith said this was your room...it's the closet?" Lance questioned. He then heard light snores and curiosity got to him. He opened the door and find a well furnished room. A bed in the far right hand corner with a face of Cloud on the blanket with a few constellations covering it and a sleeping Glitch occupying it. Fairy lights all around the room, posters with constellations and planets, a personal bathroom that has a star nightlight in their, a huge circular rug in the middle of the room that says in bold white, cursive writing 'Beyond The Stars' with stars and rose petals surrounding it, an oak desk with books about planets and papers littering it, an oak dresser, and a body mirror at the end of the bed.

"Dang..." Lance whispers in astonishment. He then walks over to the bed and sets you down onto the bed carefully. "Goodnight Skotos-" "My name is Y/n and goodnight Lancelot..." You fall asleep instantly with your hands still intertwined. Lance smiles and kisses your forehead; Reluctantly, he takes his hand away from yours and leaves. He takes one look at you again and leaves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Allura's Status: Crush

Hunk's Status: Affectionate

Keith's Status: Affectionate

Lance's Status: Affectionate

Pidge's Status: Crush

Shiro's Status: Affectionate

Key:

Pfft - On bad terms

Eugh - Not okay

Meh - Okay

Friendly - Companionship

Affectionate - Above friendly, but below crush (Likes them a lot, but not enough as a crush)

Crush - Y'all know

Crushing - Really falling for them

In love - Y'all know

Word count: 1088