|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"

Start from the beginning

"Only people with both fire and water can use boil release!" Danzo countered, watching as his trained assassins fought of the petite girl, "and it isn't certain they'll be able to use it since it's a Kekkei Genkai!"

"Well done," Mina responded, stopping for a moment as more Ninja circled around her, allowing her to breathe for a second, "Would you like a gold star?" She asked, sarcasm dripping from her voice. She dropped her hand, resting it for a while as she caught her breath. Fatigue flooding her system as she felt her chakra drain from her body.

"Done already?" Danzo asked, noticing Mina's steps and attacks become slow and sloppy. The steam emitting off her peachy skin lessened, coming to a stop. "For The Bloody Flash, I thought you'd kill my men, but I guess that's just a rumour."

"What makes you say that?" Mina breathed the questioned out, heaving in large amounts of oxygen to her needy lungs. She tilted her head to the side, barely dodging a powerful punch. She twisted on her left foot and brought up the right, delivering a forceful kick to the ANBU.

Danzo didn't answer for a good while, watching his men fail to get a single hit on Mina. He clicked his tongue, called a man that failed to hit her. "How weak can you be?" He growled out, not paying attention to the fight that was going on, his dark eye locked on the boy that was breathing heavily next to him.

"I ought to teach the others a lesson with you."

Out of the corner of her eye, Mina saw what he did. The dark liquid flowing out of the boy like a huge waterfall, how could that not catch her attention? A low animalistic growl rumbled in her, teeth baring and clenching, almost to the point of dislocating her jaw.

"Bastard!" The roar left her mouth, pushing away the crowd, "Why would you kill your own men?!"

*-*

The beaming sun on the hill brought a grin on her face, matching with her brother. "Hahaha," Naruto laughed, sprinting away from Mina and the other boy. "You're it!"

"Oi, Naruto~!" Mina whined and chased after him, catching up in no time. "You'll pay for this, ya know! We're supposed to be a team!"

"Not in a game of tag!" The blonde boy shouted back, right before he panicked and sprinted with full force, trying his best to get away from Mina. She groaned, pushing more force into her legs and launching forward.

"You asswipe, watch what happens later!" Her threat reached deaf ears as Naruto laughed.

As Mina was trying to catch up to her brother, so concentrated on the task at hand, she didn't notice the lump of flesh lying on top of the hill. Tripping over the human, Mina made a surprised noise and with hands swinging in front of her, she expected the brutal landing to come.

But it didn't.

"Ugh, you're heavy." The familiar voice groaned underneath her. Her ears twitched, hearing it and immediately she was sitting up to see the brown-haired pineapple boy lying underneath her, face twisted in pain.

"Shikamaru!" She exclaimed, eyes suddenly glowing with a certain shine. Mina grinned and patted his chest, "thanks for softening my fall!"

Shikamaru sighed, looking anywhere but her eyes. "You're still on top of me," he muttered quietly. Mina only grinned, masking the heat that rose to her cheeks. Face red with embarrassment, she slowly pushed herself off him, ignoring her brother's off-key singing.

She then sat on the grass next to Shikamaru, forgetting that she was supposed to play tag with Naruto. Lost in the peaceful, joyful moment, the grin never left her face.

And Shikamaru observed. Watching silently as her blue-violet eyes shone with the utmost genuine happiness. And for sure, that was his heart thumping in his chest, but the eight-year-old didn't know why. For sure, this was a moment in his life he won't forget. How could he? The smile on Mina's face was one to be remembered, it was a rare time he saw her with this kind of smile.

"Hey, Mina," he mumbled just loud enough for her to hear. She hummed in response, smile widening and eyes never leaving the blonde boy, now chasing a butterfly. "Why do you want to be Hokage?"

It was quiet for a little while, as Mina was processing the question and looking for the right answer, "it's not so much that I want to be Hokage, it's just that I want to leave my name engraved into history. And becoming Hokage seemed like the only possible way, ya know?" Her legs started to bounce up and down, a sudden burst of excitement filling her veins, "saying ''I want to become Hokage' is just a simple way of saying 'I'm gonna leave my name engraved into history." She took a breath in, and at this point, Shikamaru regretted asking the question, not prepared for a long response, "just think about it. A hated orphan, gaining the respect of everyone and becoming powerful enough to get the name of the strongest ninja in the village, it's unheard of! And that's why, I want to do things that seem impossible, ya know!"

Shikamaru sighed, muttering something under his breath.

And Mina laughed.

A laugh he liked.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Ayo, ayo, long time no post.

So it's been a while and it's taken a long time to write this chapter, spending time doing school work, ugh.

But I have news, my exams will be over in about 3 weeks so my updating schedule may improve (I make no promises, though).

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this short chapter that was poorly written. :)

Barry-The-Berry~

22/05/18