Penelopes POV

Lalala updaaaate!

I'm really pumped for this chapter because it is a time skip and from this moment on it gets very exciting!

@housecabindistrict and @Annabeth_Chase101 won the comp for the create a demigod thing! Their demigods, Isla and Bella, will be appearing in the story when I see fit.

Now if you like my story, or dislike it, please pop a comment below. Seriously, I need to know what you guys think!

Love, Comment, Vote?

~Sophie

Penelope's POV

One year later...

Her forest green eyes shuttered open as a persistent thunk coming from her window broke her slumber. It was coming every five seconds or so, and was starting to get irritating after a minute of repetition.

She slipped on a thin lilac dressing gown and padded barefoot across the wooden floor to the view across the front garden of her house. Standing in between the daphne bushes was Daedalus Jackson. He held a couple of yellow rocks from the path in one hand, and was lobbing them rather randomly at her window. When he saw Poppy emerge his face broke into a grin and he waved. Shaking her head with amusement, she stepped back to get herself ready for the day.

In three minutes she was dashing down the stairs in a camp half blood tshirt and faded jeans, blonde hair atop her head in a high ponytail. She slipped on some jandals (flip flops, Kiwi term sorry) in the hall and slid into the kitchen. Her mother was buttering toast, hair braided in the same plait she had worn for the past sixteen years. Her kaleidoscope eyes crinkled into a smile as her daughter arrived.

"Dalus?" Piper asked the one word question. Poppy nodded, snatching a piece if toast and pecking her mother on the cheek. Her mother winked as she left the room then the hall to outside. She slowed her pace down as she made her way over to her friend. He looked good today, dark hair astray and sea green eyes a bit lighter than usual. His mouth opened for the usual witty remark.

"So you managed to get down those stairs again today? Good job, Penelope, better than last week huh?" Poppy rolled her eyes. She was one of the most coordinated people at camp - Dalus certainly wasn't letting this one go soon. Giving him the usual shove, they headed on the way to camp.

They took a short cut over the green hills past other houses, and then through a thick green forest. The air was a comfortable warm and the sun dappled through the trees. Poppy strolled beside Dalus, enjoying his company. As the buildings came into view the pair both spontaneously started racing down the hill, laughing. At the bottom Poppy stood triumphant while Dalus caught up.

"Are you going to keep losing, Daedalus?" Poppy grinned, mimicking her friends jokey tones. He smiled.

"Penelope dearest it is the highlight of my day." He took a small bow. She smirked then started heading over to the basketball courts. Apollo kids and a couple of others took shots at the net. A pretty dark haired girl sat there looking almost entranced by the play. Yeah right, Poppy thought, I bet she's there for the shirtless boys. The sly blonde snuck up behind her best friend.

"Boo!" She yelled. Raven jumped, spinning around at the same time. A couple of boys including Theo glanced over, amused.

"Seriously?" The brown eyed girl asked flustered. "Was that necessary?"

"Only way to break you out of your trance" Dalus butted in. Raven gave Dalus a hard look then turned back to Poppy. She was about to speak when a trumpet sounded. Demigods everywhere stopped what they were doing and stared. They hadn't heard that sound for a long time.

Poppy made eye contact with her two friends. Something was up.

They slowly made their way over to the amphitheatre. Kids were already seated according to godly parent. Poppy bid goodbye to her friends and sat in the front row by her parents and Tom. Her fathers usually calm blue eyes were unsettled, and her mother kept biting her lip - a habit Poppy had also picked up. They held hands secretly. Surprisingly she found it a little cute. Toms brunette hair was ruffled and his stature was slumped. He took a look every so often at a certain girl in the Hecate cabin.

Actually, everyone looked perturbed. They all knew that the trumpet sound meant something was wrong. And there was Chiron and Rachel now, one solemn the later cherry as always.

"Morning demigods, sorry to call you so early. But this is important. Very important. I will be doing something I haven't been doing in a long time." His kind face scanned them all. "Issuing a quest."