Ravens POV

Another chapter! Woo I'm great :)

So I had an idea...there are going to be a couple of minor demigods appearing in the story, and instead of making them up myself I thought I could have a small competition or something for the spots? You guys would create a character and Id choose the best. There would be slight restrictions but yeah.

Anyway please enjoy.

Vote Comment Love

~Sophie

Ravens POV

Her long black plait lashed in the wind as she sat astride the brown stallion. Ravens hands were numb as she clutched the reins, and the sky rumbled and rolled with dark grey clouds. In front of her on the horse perched her sister, curly caramel hair and all. Beside her on Arion was her grim faced mother and sleeping little brother. Tethered to the flank of both horses were small bundles, packed with supplies to last a good couple of days. A tall buff man with armour on and a backpack on strode towards them. He stopped beside her mother.

"Hazel" he spoke in low tones so that Raven could barely hear him. "How are things holding up underground?" His brown eyes were filled with worry.

"Not good." She shook her head with despair. "Frank, the pits forces are marching towards Hades realm as we speak. They will be at the Styx within a fortnight at this rate. Promise me you'll come as soon as possible."

His hard expression softened, and Ravens father leaned across to kiss his wife on the cheek. "I'll try." He looked like he could barely hold his emotion in check. "You know I need to help Reyna prepare."

Breathing in deep, Hazel turned to her daughters and raised her voice. "It's time."

Nodding her head once, Raven patted Wisps flank gently and he broke into a fast trot. The caramel haired girl turned her head. "Are we really leaving forever?" Her hazel eyes were wide but not with fear, mainly defiance. Ravens copper eyes met her sisters. "I hope not. Hold tight Clara."

Then she whipped the reins once and they disappeared into the night. She looked back once and years brimmed. How could she leave her home? Raven raised one hand in goodbye.

Then she turned, and focused on the way ahead. It would take three days at least to reach their destination, without unexpected monster attacks. She touched the weapon at her side to reassure herself. Honestly, she wasn't that good using it - heck she didn't even know what it was called. Hopefully she wouldn't have to use it.

Her thoughts wandered to Luke and pain flared up in her chest. He had just left out of the blue. No note. No hug. No kiss. Just gone. Not that they had kissed, that would have been nice. She supposed she wouldn't see him again for a long time.

The landscape ahead was scarce, only broken by the occasional house or road. It was dark and misty. Arion and Wisp zipped across it, not stopping. They were furled by a constant supply of golden nuggets from Hazel.

All of a sudden something flew from above, landing in front of Arion. The horse reared slightly, then settled. Wisp, however, still bucked around.

"Relax boy" Raven soothed, eyeing up the man in front of her. He was tall and handsome, with windswept blonde hair and clear blue eyes. In his hand was a long imperial gold sword. She looked at her mother, who was beaming.

"Kids, meet your Uncle Jason."