Penelopes POV

Bonjourno!

I'm in Italy right now and it's beautiful. Home in three weeks or so and then there will be more updates :)

Thanks for all your support and patience!

~Sophie

Penelope's POV

There ended up not really being much of a tour as the Camp Jupiter kids seemed to already know the ship inside out from parents descriptions, and Uncle Leo hadn't arranged the rooms yet. So they just sat in an awkward silence in the mess hall around a smooth large oak table. Poppy tapped her clean fingernails on the table. She studied everyone's expressions, and they all seemed pretty bored.

The problem, she mused, is that we hardly know each other - we only know each other's parents.

"Right" she clapped her hands together. Six faces snapped to attention. Poppy was pleased.

"Good" she managed to smile at them all, even that obnoxious Daedalus. "I think we need to know each other better. All I know is that you guys are from a Roman camp and your parents are famous."

"Yes" Hestia interrupted, rather bossily. "Why don't we all go around the table, say our name age and a fact about ourselves?" She spoke to them like they were five. Poppy caught her brother Tom's eye and smirked. They had a camp counsellor just like her.

"I'll go first" Hestia decided. "My name is Hestia Jackson, I am fourteen years old, and my fact is that I am scared of spiders." This surprised Poppy how willing she was to share information about herself.

"Luke Jackson" the blonde haired grey eyed boy went next. "Twelve years old and I am a twin." Another surprise - he looked much more mature than his brother.

"Dalus Jackson" the one and only stated.

Daedalus, Poppy corrected under her breath.

"Twelve years old and I'll like you if you give me food." Poppy had to contain a grin as he stated this. No surprise there.

"Thomas Grace, thirteen years old. I like sword fighting." Typical Tom, she thought.

"Theo Valdez" the boy spoke calmly. He looked quite like Leo with his elvish features, but had Calypsos collected personality - well most of the time. He could get quite irritated. "Eleven years old. I like running." Poppy bit her lip. She didn't get that boy.

The small girl beside her then spoke up. She had an infectious smile and had become friends with Poppy instantly. "Sandy Jackson nine years old. Fact about me, 'I'm too young to have a weapon'!" The expression on her face was so indignant that everyone had to refrain from laughing.

All eyes retuned to Poppy and she felt like the room lights had dimmed apart from one that shone on her. "Poppy Grace, twelve years old" she stated carefully. "My fact is-" At that moment she was cut off as the boat tilted dangerously to port. Bodies went flying and everyone ended up in a heap on the ground.

Groaning, she tried to push off the person sitting on her lap.The person in question turned their head and she was met with two bright bluey green eyes. He winked. She shoved him off her and stood up, getting her bearings. The boat had returned to normal tilt but she listened and there were unfamiliar voices on top. Drawing her twin curved daggers, she headed up the stairs.