• Chapter Nineteen •

Start from the beginning

One day, Cassius had poured cooking oil all over the wooden floor of the main part of the house, and called false alarm. Needless to say, after everyone had crashed into walls, furniture and got a couple bruises, Cassius had to run night patrols with Ralf for the next three weeks. 

But, it didn't stop him.

He was an endless annoyance, and it got worse as he started to teach Reeve how to do the same. Leon knew that Reeve was a natural prankster, he had seen her in her prime atmosphere when he'd visited her pack, and he could only face palm himself when she began to eagerly engage with Cassius's mischief. 

A sparkle of amusement grew in her eyes as she and Cassius became the two biggest pranksters in the house. They could be found in a corner formulating a plan where Reeve would distract and Cassius would execute.

Reeve stole the remote from Lucas's bedroom drawer once, but when Lucas found out that it was her instead of Cassius, he had let her keep the remote because he didn't want to get involved with her teeth. 

However, more often than once, they would come across Reeve sitting by one of the windows. She would just watch the outside world, but the rawness of longing that she emitted was saddening. They knew how much wolves loved the woods, and they couldn't imagine her pain. 

Darren grew concerned as he noticed a slight depressive pattern forming in the she-wolf, and it brought Leon to action. He decided that it was time for a proper introduction to the pack, and he spoke with Elijah. 

The Enforcer made all the arrangements in his free time, and as one particularly dull afternoon drug by, they set up for the feast to take place. 

Reeve watched from a distance as the pack cooks banded together to cook the meal, and Cassius was directly ordered to stay out of the kitchen. Asher and a few of the pack warriors worked in the dining hall to clear items from the table and set up enough chairs for everyone, it wasn't often they had everyone collected in one house, and the Alpha's house was the only place with a dining hall. 

It was nearly dusk when the warriors made their way to the house that held the she-wolf. Many of them hadn't seen her since she'd attacked Jay, but they had heard the promising stories from their Gamma and Alpha. 

They filtered in with a cautious manner, but what surprised them was the she-wolf sitting by the stairs with a completely neutral expression upon her face. Her grey eyes watched them and any trace of blood lust that they'd seen before was gone. 

Reeve appeared to be a whole new she-wolf, and the warriors spoke excitedly with each other. They could finally know the truth, and the house began to buzz with an elation. 

The house was full of wolves mingling with each other, laughing and joking, and just as the sun set on the horizon, the grand meal was finished and everyone gathered in the dining hall. They took their respectful seats, and although their chatter still filled the air, they watched their Gamma walk in with Reeve by his side. 

She moved with a jitterish motion, her muscles tense, but no one blamed her. There was nearly twenty warrior wolves packed into the room, it would have been intimating for anyone. Cassius took up his seat, two seats on the right of the Alpha, and some of the warriors chuckled as Reeve ducked under the table. 

It wasn't much later when Asher sat down beside Cassius and elbowed him with a grin, and then Alpha Leon entered the hall. Instantly, the men fell to silence and everyone's attention was focused upon the young Alpha male with golden hair as he stood before the head of the table. 

"Greetings, my brothers," Leon said, "We have been gathered here tonight in order to welcome a very special guest. As you all know, she wasn't the friendliest when she first arrived," Leon paused with a smile as there were a few chuckles from the warriors, "But she's ready to get to know you all now."

There was a pause as Leon glanced beneath the table, a glint of amusement in eyes, "Reeve, come out and say hello." 

The warriors watched as the she-wolf hesitantly obeyed, and her slender frame moved to stand beside Alpha Leon, her grey eyes flashing around nervously. Leon cleared his throat, "Aloysius Pack, I introduce to you Reeve April Monsor. The famed she-wolf that can track better than any Alpha."

Upon the Alpha's words, the dining hall exploded in cheers, making Reeve jump. The warriors hooted and hollered, clapping with grins upon their faces. Although Reeve wasn't a part of the pack, she was just as welcome by being a guest. She was already the little sister of the pack, and Cassius couldn't stop grinning from his seat as he gave Reeve a huge thumbs up.

Once the noise died down, Leon spoke again, "Reeve, this is the Aloysius Pack. You can get to know them better, just don't try and eat them, okay?" Reeve lifted her head to give Leon a blank look before nodding her head; but she looked rather perplexed. 

"Let's eat!" The Alpha announced, and Reeve returned to her spot under the table while he took a seat at the head of the table, his two Adviser's sitting to the left. Everyone respectfully waited until the Alpha and Beta took the first bite of their meal before everyone dug in.

Cassius slipped Reeve's plate under the table for her, but as the meal progressed, he received a nudge on his leg and filled her plate with seconds, chuckling to himself. She was gaining the weight that had been starved from her, and her condition looked better and better everyday. 

The atmosphere was light and relaxing as everyone enjoyed the meal. Nothing but unity with one another. Eventually, the warriors dispersed from their chairs after they ate their fill. Some mingled into the kitchen to snag desserts while others piled into the living room to watch some movie. 

A few made their way back outside to sit on the front porch, and Ralf silently left to run a safety patrol upon his own decision. 

Leon watched as Reeve settled in the doorway of the living room, just out of everyone's path, and he silently chuckled. She had done remarkably well, handling so many males with such a calm demeanor, and he couldn't have been more proud. 

Reeve had really come a long way. 

He glanced over at his Beta, and Asher gave him a knowing smile. They heard Cassius laughing as he fought with someone in the living room for the remote, and the cooks chattered away as they washed dishes and cleaned up their mess. 

It was in that beautiful moment that Leon decided what would happen tomorrow. 

And he knew that Reeve would love it. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

And so will you guys! *mischievous grin*

DEDICATION: This chapter is dedicated to @doodledpassion . I'm so glad that you have been commenting through-out the chapters recently, I love to hear from you! You always put a smile on my face, claiming my characters as your children *sticks tongue out playfully* Thank you for choosing to support my book, and I really hope that you enjoy! ^,^ 

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

--  1769 words --