Chapter 7 | Mia is a Smart Ninja

Start from the beginning

"Where will we go?" I ask curiously. I hated to admit that when we were sitting down I didn't really listen to much of their conversation.

She pushes herself off the wall and walks towards me, popping her knuckles. "Roberts going to wear his security uniform."

"Why will he need that?" I ask.

She sighs, aggravated. Like it's something she's repeated a million times. "We're going to Decipula."

I furrow my eyebrows. I was unaware of all the locations and titles of this world. "What's that?"

Eddie places his hand on my shoulder. I flick his fingers until he removes it.
Apparently my shoulder was a hand magnet.
I was a couple inches taller than Eddie so I don't know why he liked to reach up.
"Decipula is Unit 2, also known as the Prison Unit."

It was strange how the world was separated. Units and Illusions were all new to me. "So are we all going undercover as security guards?" I ask.

Vanessa snickers, and I wasn't sure what was so funny about my question. "No," she responds, "We only have one official uniform. We, are going to be prisoners. I hope you like orange."

My eyes got wide. I could almost feel them popping out of my head. "How is that a good idea?"

"There's a guard in Decipula who can give us information we need about the virus."

"We have a problem," Robert chimes in. He scratches behind his ear which instantly told us he did something wrong.

"I don't have the helmet."

Vanessa marches over and points her finger in his face angrily. "What do you mean you don't have the helmet? You were wearing it yesterday!"

He gestures towards me and I feel white as a ghost. I didn't do anything to his stupid helmet.

"When we rescued Sub I took it off. It was really hot."

She grabs the collar of his shirt. I wanted to laugh since I didn't think anybody could be scarier than Robert. "You mean to tell me that you got rid of the only helmet we had? How are you going to pass as a unit officer without the main piece of your uniform?"

"Hey, that helmet was so hot I couldn't think clearly."

Mia steps forward. "Think of it optimistically," she smiles, "If Robert didn't take his helmet off there's a percentage that we might not have escaped."

Vanessa ignores Mia and starts pacing back and forth. "We need a plan B."

Eddie was standing cautiously by the pile of the passed out men from Akerman Laboratories.
"Guys, I know how we can get another helmet."

Everybody turns their attention towards Eddie, anxiously waiting for his response. "You aren't gonna like it," he says. It made me uncomfortable since he seemed to be saying that towards my direction.

"Me and Mia have an Uncle who works at the Unit Morgue across town."

I didn't like where this was going, at all. I was hoping he was going to tell us that his Uncle retired from the morgue and lives really far away now, but just so happens to own a helmet.