Chapter 2 | I Have Carrot Fingers

I finished writing Chapter 2 a lot quicker than I thought. Hope you enjoy! PU-LEASE comment and vote. 😜

Keep an eye out for typos and grammatical errors for me. I think I got them all, but you never know!

Samuel's words repeated repetitively in my brain. The hallway somehow seemed smaller, now that I knew I couldn't escape. It felt like it was even harder to breath since everything had been locked, but it was probably just inside my head. I jump to the side and snatch up the gun from the ground pointing it at Samuel.

"Unlock the building now!" I scream, I can see little flecks of saliva fly from my mouth as I speak.

Samuel turns and starts walking away, "The gun is a dud," He pauses and looks back at me grinning, "You aren't as smart as you look." He adds making me want to charge towards him and threaten to rip off his limbs.

But almost as if cued, two armed men peer around the corner, dark beady eyes glowing through their helmet visors. Still, their guns were pointed down. Samuel walks in-between them not looking back, allowing them to accomplish whatever they had been instructed to do.

"Hey," I call out towards them, "You wouldn't shoot somebody so apparently valuable, would you?" I was hoping that I could convince them into not shooting me.

They look at each other and one of them lifts his gun, pointing it towards my direction.
"We've been given orders not to kill you,"

A flare in his eyes frightens me, "But there are a couple intestines and toes you can live without."

A lump appears in my throat, refusing to disappear. I lift my arms in the air, almost ready to admit defeat. I start kneeling. One of them approaches me, grabbing my arms and pulling them behind my back. He pulls out silver cuffs and puts them on my hands, creating a cranking noise as he tightens them.

The other one just barely stomps his foot, gaining my attention. I look up and see him wink at me, he stands behind the other guard and points his gun at his leg. In a flash he pulls the trigger, the guard yelled in pain, releasing my arms from his tight grip.

Blood started oozing from the guard's leg. The man with the gun approaches him and smacks him on the back of the head with the back of his gun.
The guard was out cold, his quiet body laying on the ground.
"Shot in the leg, hit on the head. It's what I do." The man's voice cheers. He pulls off his helmet and I can hear his voice much clearer.
"Man that thing was getting stuffy."

His eyes were brown and slightly threatening. He had a slight beard that was dark brown matching the same shade as his sweaty buzz cut head. He couldn't have been older than thirty.

He's holding a gun in his arms, facing it upwards.
"I'll get rid of Mister Serious's body over here, he's gonna have a bad headache when he wakes up." He pauses taking a deep breath. "Run as fast as you can to the third door on the left. Don't you dare let anybody see you or I'll shoot you myself."

I wanted to question his actions but he didn't really leave me any choice. Fear and anger welded up inside me but I listened, and turned to look for the correct room.

I skid down the hallway, counting the doors as I walked by. The panels on the floor were still cold against my bare feet.
One, two, three doors.
I open the door quickly, but discreetly and step inside lightly closing the door behind me. I turn around to search my surroundings. A desk was centered in the middle of the room, bigger than the one I had seen before.

Papers were thrown everywhere, violently ripped apart. Nothing seemed in place, like it was left in a hurry. I just barely brush my fingers against the desk and a screen lights itself up covering the surface of the table. I brushed some of the papers to the side.