Chapter 1 | Elevator Doors are Optional

This is a rough draft I'm writing for school. I have a schedule that should keep me writing a minimum of at least one chapter a week. Hope you enjoy!

Everything is black, dizziness consumes me. In a flash my brain floods with confusion. My eyelids try to pull open but drowsiness was keeping them shut tight. Still confused, I try opening my eyes once more. The feeling from my arms and legs was gone. I couldn't move.

As they did before, my eyes profusely refused to open.

I wanted to scream for help but my lips were sealed tight, I seemed to be trapped inside my own body. I couldn't even feel myself breathing.

All the sudden, pain erupts throughout my entire body. Like a million little knives were stabbing into me, digging deep through my skin.  My head felt like it was being violently shaken and then thrown into a raging fire, my flesh burning in agonizing amounts of pain. My sight returns, and my lips are released from the bond that kept them shut. I scream because of the excruciating pain throughout my body. For a moment the air was taken from my chest, feeling like someone had taken a sledge hammer and smashed it into my back with all of their might, and when my breath returned it felt the same except coming from the front instead of the back. My eyes felt strained, pain surging through them. My chest started rising up and down, inhaling large amounts of air at once, the pain finally starting to slow. My body was soaked in sweat.

It felt like I had been running for miles without stopping. My mouth felt like a dry desert. My tongue was burning with a passionate desire and lust for water. I could feel sweat trickling down my temple slowly dripping down my face. I looked down at my chest. My body was covered in wires, strapped down to a slightly upright metal table. The metal was surprisingly cool against my bare back, giving my body relief from the scorching heat that I had experienced.

White long scars covered my abdomen, from every direction possible. All in perfect straight lines. One place on my side had a more recent cut, with stitches pulling the skin tightly together. In a puzzled daze I scan the room examining my surroundings. The room was windowless, mostly lit by glowing white panels on the floor. Still, the room seemed somewhat dark. To my right just a few feet away stood a table covered in a variety of different knives and chisels. Above the table was a screen that read,

"4MB Experiment"

"Subject 016"

Age: 18

Gender: Male

Height: 6'2

Weight: 186 lbs.

I turn to my left, a big white desk was covered with scattered papers and folders sprawled across it. I turn my head, trying to get a glimpse behind me. The other end of the tubes and wires connected to my body ran into a serious of computers.
"Where am I?" I whisper silently to myself.

Then a horrifying series of thoughts occurred, causing me to jump.

What was my name?

I couldn't recall a single thing about myself. Pictures floated around my mind, all of them completely meaningless.

"I-I can't remember anything." I say out loud, my tone filled with confusion.