7-a gym battle

The sun raised over a distant hill, lighting the valley has set up camp, it was near Cerulean City. Ash was fidgeting madly, getting pumped by just thinking about challenging the gym. Pikachu was asleep, the rest of his team were in their pokeballs. 

Sheldon finished his battle, barely coming on top, "That gym leader sure is strong, good luck. Because you need it." That were the orange haired boy's exact words, he was walking to the next gym in Vermillion City. But he couldn't think about Sheldon or Gary or any other trainer, he had to think about the here and now.

"Pikachu time to get up." The mouse Pokémon jumped out from his sleeping spot, startled was an understatement. Ash packed up the sleeping bag and put the rubbish from last nights dinner in his backpack. He walked out of the forest, getting lost in the process, and by the time he was in the city, it wa lunch time.

The gym was like a massive dome, with a clear glass roof, it was tinted blue, so no one could see in but they could see out. He opened the door, he could see a pool, with serval pads floating in the water. A trainer was standing there, a bored look on her face, her hair was tied in a pony tail, this was the gym leader, her eye's held experience. "So your here for a battle." He nodded, he could still only speak when giving commands to his Pokémon, he still hasn't master the skill of talking normally "Fine, go to the box and we'll battle," she yawned.

He took his place in the box, the gym leader threw her pokeball, it span serval times befor e releasing a Staryu. Ash twisted his hat, he was ready "Butterfree, I choose you." A butterfly-like Pokémon took to the air. "Okay let's start this off with water gun," the gym leader yelled, her face still held the same bored look, like she would have wanted to be anywhere else other then here. The water charged at butterfree, it hit, soaking the butterfly Pokémon. It was super effective, just looking at the damage it did, even though it was pre-evolved, it was strong.

But Ash knew the stronger they are, the better the battle. "Butterfree use sleep powder," green smoke covered the field, the star shape Pokémon  had no chance of staying awake. "Okay batterfree use gust with everything you got," Pikachu cheered from Ash's shoulder, while the butterfly Pokémon's wings truned white, a gust off wind, and Staryu was pushed back, into the water, it was still asleep. Ash had atleast two moves left "Now use tackle," Butterfree charged and hit Staryu, it was thrown into the wall, it wa knocked out. It was granted the mercy of being asleep, so it safely no pain, but when it will wake up, the pain will hit it like a truck.

"Well done, now my next Pokémon. Go Gyarados!" She yelled, her voice might have picked up pitch, but he face still held that bored look, but she had a small smirk on her face. "Butterfree return. You did good," he said to the pokeball "Pikachu, it's your turn, so her that the bigger they are, the harder they fall." 

Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder to the floating pads, this one was a yellow one, some people might have not taken not of it but Ash did. "Okay Pikachu thunderbolt," electricity flew like wind oiput of Pikachu, heading towards Gyarados, it had no hope of dodging. "Gyarados use bite," the girl yelled, neo her whole face was showing the emotion that everyone should in a battle, pure fun. 

"Pikachu keep it moving, confuse it." He moved from left to right, then did a random back flip, Gyarados couldn't keep up. "Now Pikachu use iron tail," the atrocious had no hope of dodging the iron tail, Pikachu leaped in the air, atleast five metres high. He keep doing backflips, everyone he gain momentum, when the attack hit , Gyarados cried out in pain.

Ash didn't wait for the girl to make her move before he yelled out "Thunderbolt one more time!" It happen so fast, one second Gyarados wa struggling to fight against the power that was thinderbolt the next, it was limp and defeated. The girl had her head down as she returned her Gyarados. Ash walked up to her, he held out his hand, she shook it. 

"Are you going to enter the league," Ash nodded "You don't take much don't you," he nodded again. "Well, heres you badge, proof that you defeated me." He nodded as a thank you and walked out of the building, right now he was walking down the path towards Vermillion, he knew only one thing, he was behind, so he had to catch up.