Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Jerome

       After a very exhausting day at the VidGalore Convention, I went back to the hotel room Nolan and Kingsley were already at. Nolan was at the convention for the first half, but then he was starting to fell fed up so he headed back to the hotel with Kingsley.

       And of course, they were both napping when I got there.

       Great.

       Normally, I didn't mind when Nolan was napping but I had a surprise I really wanted to tell him and I was hoping he would be awake by the time I got back.

       Instead, I decided to order some room service, making sure bacon was on the menu because if one thing could wake up my husband, it definitely was the smell of bacon.

       And I was right. As soon as the room service showed up, Nolan walked out of the bedroom, his hair sticking up all over the place as he rubbed his eyes. "I should still be sleeping, but I smelled bacon," he said.

       "Because we are having breakfast for dinner," I said, bringing all the food to the living room. We could sit at the dining room table, but sitting on a couch was way more comfortable.

       "Why did you have to do that?" Nolan asked in a whiny voice. "I wanted to sleep, but now I want to eat bacon."

       "Well, I don't like being the only one awake," I said. "I get lonely. That and I have something I want to tell you, but I'm not going to until you're sitting down with me and eating."

       Nolan sighed before longingly looking back in the bedroom. "The bed looks so comfortable. Just five more minutes?"

       "If you want, but I can't guarantee all this bacon will still be here," I said.

       "You're so mean," Nolan mumbled before walking over and flopping down on the couch. "All I want to do is sleep."

       "All you ever want to do is sleep," I pointed out. "And eat. If scientists discovered a way to make it possible to sleep and eat at the same time, I would probably never see you again."

       Nolan shrugged in agreement before reaching for a piece of bacon. "This, is the most beautiful thing ever," he said. "Apart from me, of course."

       "Wow, and you say you're the only one in the Prince family who isn't arrogant," I said with a smile. Nolan did have the Prince arrogance no matter what anyone else said. He just didn't flash it as often as the rest of his family.

       Which sucked because he was really hot when he was arrogant.

       I mean, he was hot either way so I wasn't complaining.

       "So, what's this thing you want to tell me?" Nolan asked.

       "I don't know," I said. "I'm too invested in eating this delicious food."

       Nolan scowled. "So I'm sitting here for no reason?"

       "No, you're sitting here for the bacon," I said. "And I'm kidding. I'll tell you the reason." I reached for my backpack which I sat down beside the couch earlier. I reached into it and pulled out an envelope. "So, I did a lot of thinking and thought about something."

       "Are those divorce papers?"

       "What? Why would you think that?"

       "Because I want to divorce you for ordering bacon just so I can't sleep."

       "Wow, and you call me mean," I said. "No, they're not divorce papers." I handed the envelope towards him and he hesitantly took it. "Nolan, you've been through a lot these past couple years, and even a lot more the past couple months. You really deserve a holiday so..."

       Nolan opened the envelope and pulled out the contents inside. After looking at them, he looked at me in disbelief. "Are... are you serious?" he asked.

       "Of course I am," I said. "I've been saving up, which honestly isn't that hard because I'm amazing on VidGalore, and you keep telling me how that's one of the many places you want to visit so next week, you, Kingsley, and I will be taking a little vacation to Paris."

       Nolan smiled and threw his arms around me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

       I laughed slightly and kissed the top of his head. "You're welcome. You know I'll do anything to make you happy, and I know taking a vacation away from everything that might help you feel a bit better."

       "Thank you, again," Nolan said. "I couldn't have asked for a better husband. You know, unless I was able to marry myself."

       "Seriously, how can you say you're not arrogant?" I asked.

       "It's not arrogance," Nolan said. "It's sass. There's a difference."

       "There is a difference, you're right," I said. "And it's clear that you have both."

       "You bite your tongue."

       I chuckled. I really loved Nolan, even if he could be quite confusing. He was still amazing.

       While Nolan and I were eating dinner, Kingsley woke up so I went into the bedroom to get him. "There's my amazing son," I said as I picked him up and started bouncing him. He soon stopped crying as he snuggled into me.

       I walked out of the bedroom and sat back down on the couch in the living room. And of course, once Kingsley saw Nolan, he held his arms out. "Da! Da!"

       I sighed as I handed Kingsley over to Nolan. "I wish he would show me that much love."

       "Well, I did spend more time with him when you were on the tour," Nolan pointed out.

       "Ah, right," I said. "It actually doesn't bother me as much. He gives you a lot of happiness, and that's all I want. For you to be happy."

       Nolan smiled and looked at me. "He's not the only one who makes me happy. You do too. You really do."

       I smiled back at him. "And you make me really happy," I said, leaning over and giving him a kiss. "And I can't wait to spend some time in Paris with my two favourite boys."

______________

lol i can't believe it took me over a month to update a jerlan book. then again, they still have a story going on in the AU series so it's not like I abandoned them. I CAN NEVER ABANDON THEM SINCE THEY ARE THE BEST COUPLE TO EVER WALK ON THE PLANET.