Chapter 1

Shout out to unreactive for the cover!

Chapter 1

Nolan

       For the past week, I barely got any sleep at night. My husband was able to, like always. Nothing ever stopped him from falling asleep at night. He did wake up when he had to, but afterwards, he just went back to sleep.

       I wish I was able to.

       However, right now, Jerome wasn't able to go to sleep either. As much as I wanted him to get sleep during the night, I didn't want to be the only one awake.

       Jerome looked over at me. "You know, if you ever can't sleep in here, you can always go to the guestroom."

       "Where you won't be there to stop a serial killer?" I asked. "Okay, nice idea."

       "Must you over think everything?" Jerome asked.

       "Yes. That's what someone with anxiety does. Besides, a week ago, I still wouldn't be getting much sleep."

       "Yeah, true," Jerome said. "I feel like vlogging right now. I'm bored, and I haven't made a vlog in over a week now. Everyone is wondering where I am, and Dirk is spreading rumours again. Want to guess what he's saying now?"

       "That we got a divorce, so you have to be out of the spotlight for a bit?" I asked.

       "Exactly," Jerome said, reaching for his camera which was charging on his nightstand. "I really don't get why he can't get a life and stop spreading rumours about us. Then again, he's probably still salty about the whole VidGalore Battles thing."

       "Is there going to be another one?" I asked.

       "Yeah, but with a different set of vloggers," Jerome said as he turned on his camera. "I think they said after the fifth one, they're going to bring all the champions back, and they get to pick someone to come. If we do that, you'll probably destroy them again. You look so innocent and unsuspecting."

       I snorted. "I'm pretty sure I wont be unsuspecting when I won the very first one."

       "Fair point," Jerome said before making the camera record, then facing it towards him. "What is up, Jeromans? So, it's currently four in the morning, and Nolan and I haven't gotten any sleep yet. That reason has to do with why I haven't posted anything for a while. And no, Nolan and I didn't get a divorce. If you ever hear anything about us from Dirk, just automatically assume it's not true. This is like the....third time, I think, that he said Nolan and I got a divorce."

       "We would tell you guys if we got a divorce anyway," I said.

       "Yeah, exactly," Jerome said. "But don't worry, we'll never get a divorce. One, we love each other way too much. And two, if we do, I'll become the victim of a very cruel murder from my wonderful grandfather-in-law and sister-in-law. Gene, Tulip, if you're watching this, please don't plan my murder because we are never getting divorced."

       I smiled softly. Grandpa and Tulip will never stop being obsessive over their ships. Alan even told me that Tulip almost broke the TV because he ship in a TV show my family watched together broke up. She was about to ram herself into the TV, but Alan stopped her into.

       She was a very strange eleven year old.

       "Anyway," Jerome continued. "The reason why Nolan and I can't sleep, and why I haven't posted in a while is because of this little guy right here."

       Jerome moved the camera to the one week old baby laying beside us on our bed. Kingsley Armel Prince-Roy. The adoption happened quite quickly, actually. His parents passed away in a car crash the day after he was born when they were bringing him home from the hospital. He was the only one who survived and his only family member still alive was his grandmother, but she wanted him to have actual parents.

       His grandmother, Ruth, was a huge supporter of the LGBT community ever since her sister committed suicide when they were teenagers because she didn't know how to cope. It was a lot harder to be gay back then.

       Ruth saw us on the list and knew we would be the perfect parents. She knew how hard it was for gay couples to have kids, so she wanted to give us the chance to be parents.

       The only problem was Kingsley seemed to be nocturnal. He was sleeping now, but he loved being awake during the night.

      Jerome moved the camera back to him. "So, if you couldn't tell, Nolan and I are parents. Yeah we adopted Kingsley here a week ago. The process was really fast and we had to settle first, which was why I hadn't filmed. Kingsley had been struggling a tiny bit without his mother, but he's been doing pretty well."

       "Except for staying up all night," I said.

       "Yeah, and he refuses to sleep in his crib," Jerome said. "He has to sleep next to his dad. Nolan, that is. I am his papa, since I'm French."

       "Lies. You're Seychellian."

       "Seychellian isn't a word, Nolan. And stop being salty that I never told you I'm from Seychelles."

       "You once told me you were born in Quebec."

       "Oops. I'm still French. My parents are French-Canadian. Or should I say mes par--"

       "No. You're not speaking French."

       "You're rude."

       "I try." 

       "Can you kiss me now?"

       "Do you have to change everything into kissing?"

       "Yes. I want a kiss."

       I just rolled my eyes as Jerome carefully leaned over and gave me a quick kiss. "I love you."

       I smiled back. "I love you too."

       Kingsley squirmed a bit before slowly opening his eyes. He didn't cry this time, thank goodness. Like I said, sometimes, he just woke up in the middle of the night for the sake of being awake. Not because he needed a diaper change or he was hungry. He just liked being awake.

       And that was why he could go asleep, because he was always making so much noise.

       Jerome looked back into the camera. "Well, I have a long night ahead of me, so I will be vlogging later during the day since we're actually doing productive things tomorrow."

       "Yes, like going to the store," I said.

       "Hey, store vlogs are always the best," Jerome said before stopping recording, then turning off the camera and plugging the charger back in. "Besides, it will be Kingsley's first outing. I promise I'll make it the best thing ever."

       Great. Jerome was going to go crazy at the store.

       I can't wait.

__________________

NEITHER CAN I NOLAN LOL OOPS I DIDN'T FINISH HIGH TIDE BEFORE POSTING THIS HAHAHAHAHAHAH HELP ME.

I will spam finish High Tide though, like I did with the AU book, especially since the chapters will be short.

BUT I COULDN'T WAIT BECAUSE I MISS JERLAN TOO MUCH LOL.