Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Nolan

       One thing I liked about being in university was that the professors did not care at all if you showed up late, didn't show up at all, or slept in class. Well, some did care about you sleeping in class but most didn't.

       My English professor definitely didn't care if anyone slept in class, which I was doing right now. I was extremely tired from not getting enough sleep at night, even though my class started at one in the morning.

       Having a baby definitely did not make my sleeping problem any easier.

       At least this term was almost over, and I wasn't going to be taking any summer classes.

       Both Orchid and Alan were in this class with me, so it wasn't like I was going to miss any vital information that I couldn't ask anyone, because I really being the first to spark a conversation.

       Orchid, Alan, and I made sure to take all the same electives, because we got so used to always having at least one class together. It would feel weird if we never had a class together ever again.

       Someone suddenly nudged me a wake, and I lifted my head off my desk to look at Alan. "Is class over?" I asked.

       "Yeah," Alan said. "You should really get some sleep at night."

       "Oh, definitely, let me just tell my son not to cry in the middle of the night because he's hungry or wants to cuddle," I said as I stood up and starting packing up my things. "Why didn't I think of that?"

       "Don't give me sass," Alan said.

       "I could do what I want," I said. "You telling me not to give you sass is also like you telling me to stop stealing Jerome's clothes. Never going to happen."

       Alan looked over at Orchid "Orchid, tell your brother to stop giving me sass," he said. "You're the mom triplet. He'll listen."

       "The mom triplet?" Orchid asked as we walked out of the classroom, then stood by the side.

       "Yeah, the one who acts like a mom and is the most responsible," Alan said.

       Orchid laughed. "Me? The most responsible? Yeah, I am responsible, but Nolan is the most responsible. And if he wants to give you sass, let him. You don't see me telling you to break up with Trixie."

       "I don't get it," Alan said. "Why does nobody in the family, aka the family of shippers, like my girlfriend?"

       "She's possessive," Orchid said.

       "And controlling," I said.

       "And annoying."

       "And horrible."

       "And selfish."

       "And that word that means female dog, and it could also mean whiny."

       "He means bitchy."

       "Yes, that."

       "Also, Grandpa and Tulip don't ship you two together, and that says something."

       "Oh, and there was the time she said gay people should rot in hell."

       "She was just joking," Alan said.

       "You're seriously taking her side over your brother's?" Orchid said. "She was not joking when she said that, and that's one of the many reasons why none of us like her."