Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Jerome

       While Nolan and Kingsley were taking a nap on the couch, I was watching a movie in the living room. Nolan was able to sleep through anything whenever he napped during the day, so it was no surprise he fell asleep during the movie.

       The doorbell rang, so I paused the movie and got up from the couch to answer it. Orchid was standing there, and it looked like she was previously crying. I let her inside, closing the door behind her. "Is Nolan here?" she asked.

       "Yeah, but he's taking a nap right now," I said. "Are you okay?"

       Orchid shook her head, and her eyes started watering again. "Atticus and I broke up."

       "What?" I asked. "Oh, come here." I then pulled my sister-in-law into a hug, and she hugged me back as she started crying. Orchid and Atticus breaking up came as a complete shock to me. They seemed so in love, and I even thought Atticus would propose any day now.

       I never would have thought they would break up. They went through so much, and they tried their best to prove to their stubborn dads how much they loved each other.

       "What happened?" I asked.

       Orchid pulled away and wiped her tears off her face. "We were just arguing a whole lot. That's why I was usually the one who watched Kingsley while he and Alan joined you and Nolan at the shows. We just didn't want to be around each other."

       "Why didn't you tell anyone while we were there?" I asked. "We could have helped you and Atticus sort things out."

       Orchid shook her head. "Because things were already pretty stressful for Nolan. I didn't want to add my relationship drama onto it."

       "Aww, Orchid," I said, pulling her into another hug. "Nolan is the nicest person you know. He wouldn't care if he was stressed. If his sister is having problem with something, he would be willing to help no matter what's going on. And you could have also come to me. We're family now."

       "I really wish I did," Orchid said. "Maybe....maybe we wouldn't have broken up if I did."

       "Hey, if things were meant to be, then you'll be back together in no time," I said. "A lot of couples break up before getting back together, and it usually is a good thing they do. That way, you'll be able to fix any problems you have."

       "Orchid?" I heard Nolan suddenly say. I looked over to see him standing nearby, still looking very tired, but I knew he wasn't going to care about that right now because his sister was here crying. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

       Orchid shook her head. "Atticus and I broke up."

       "What? Why?" Nolan said. "Actually, never mind why. I'll just hug you and make you feel better." Nolan then hugged his sister tightly. "I'm so sorry, Orchid. Actually, seriously, what happened? You two were one of the strongest couples I know."

       "We were just arguing a whole lot, especially during the tour," Orchid said. "We were arguing again not too long ago, and he called things off, saying he can't handle it anymore. And I wanted to come here instead of telling Mom and Dad, because Dad will just say 'I tried to tell you'."

       "Dad will never say that, Orchid," Nolan said. "He may not like the Smyhtes, but he knows how much you love Atticus. And if things are meant to be, you'll get back together."

       "Exactly what I said," I said. "And again, a lot of couples break up before getting back together, and it's perfectly fine. Nolan and I did."

       "Yeah, and we're happily married now," Nolan said. "Well, kind of happily. He's a bit mad because I ate his candy stash."

       "I actually forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me," I said. "Now I am mad."

       "I keep telling you, what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine that I hide so you can't take it."

       "Because that's fair."

       "It is," Nolan said. "Anyway, Orchid, I really think you and Atticus will get back together. He has been crazy for you for so long, and there's no way you two are going to just go your separate ways."

       Orchid wiped her tears away. "I really hope you're right."

       "Of course I'm right," Nolan said. "I'm always right."

       "You know, you keep saying you have the Prince sass, not arrogance, but I'm really starting to think you do have some Prince arrogance in you," I said.

       "Shush, Jerome," Nolan said. "My sister is sad and I'm trying to make her feel better. Do we have any ice cream left?"

       "Yeah, I think so," I said.

       "Good," Nolan said, pulling away so he could look at his sister. "How about some ice cream and video games, two of your favourite things?"

        Orchid nodded and smiled faintly. "That might make me feel a bit better. Thanks, Nolan. I knew I made the right choice by coming here, even though I'm not your favourite sibling."

       "You're my favourite sister, though," Nolan said. "It's kind of hard to be Ryder out though, when he was the first person I came out to and was really the only person trying to get me to talk to him when I was still in the closet."

       "Yeah, that's true," Orchid said.

       I went to the kitchen and grabbed a tub of ice cream while Nolan let Orchid pick out a game to play. Of course, Nolan wasn't going to play since he claimed to be horrible and didn't want to deal with losing right now.

       That, and he was probably going to end up falling asleep during the game.

       Which he did.

       Five minutes into the game Orchid and I were playing, Nolan was asleep. He always looked so adorable as he slept.

       "Has Nolan doing, by the way?" Orchid ashed.

       "With what?"

       "Everything? He has a lot on his plate as of recently."

       "He's....okay. I think. He'll never be fully okay, I had to accept that. I just don't know if he accepted it yet."

______________

So I was just sitting here minding my own business when my brother came into my room to tell me there's A FREAKING CENTIPEDE IN THE BATHROOM. First, two beetles/stink bugs in my room in two consecutive days, and now a centipede. HOW ARE THEY GETTING INTO THE HOUSE?

I mean, I know how since everyone except my keeps their window open BUT HOW DID THE BUGS GET INTO MY ROOM WHEN I HAD THE WINDOW BLOCKED OFF AND THE DOOR IS ALWAYS CLOSED??? s;kdfsf;lsdfl I'M TERRFIED.

For those who read the Prince camping bonus chapter, THAT WAS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCES WITH BUGS. I REFUSED TO LEAVE MY TENT. (the only difference was not a single bug came into the tent this year, and i did not get into the pool to hide from bugs because i ain't swimming)

I'm now terrified that bugs will be in my room. I AM NOT OKAY WITH THAT. Except for my new tiny fly friend. He's chill.

Oh, and regarding Atticus and Orchid's break up, it had to happen for storyline purposes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )