Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Nolan

       I was not looking forward to the video Jerome had planned for his channel since it was a break day today. I didn't even know why I agreed to it. I tried getting myself out of it, but everyone refused. And by everyone, I meant Jerome, Orchid, Alan and even Atticus.

       "I still don't know why you all think this is a good idea," I said as Jerome set everything up with Orchid's help. 

       "Come on, it will be fun," Jerome said.

       "Fun?" I asked. "I'm the target in this. I feel like you're all going to ask me deep and personal questions that I don't want to answer."

       "You're a horrible liar anyway," Orchid said.

       "Exactly," I said. "I'm a horrible liar, so there's no point of putting me through the lie detector test."

       "We want to see if it works," Jerome said. "You were the one who agreed to it when I asked you."

       "It was two in the morning, Jerome," I said. "I wasn't thinking properly. Come to think of it, I only think you asked me a that time was because you knew I would be too tired to think properly and I would just agree to it."

       Jerome's shrug and no verbal answer was confirmation that he manipulated me. I really hoped none of them would ask something I really didn't want anyone finding out.

       I mean, I couldn't think of anything I didn't want anyone knowing, but they might actually ask a question that would lead to it.

       When everything was set up, we filmed the intro to the video, which was basically me scowling as Jerome explained that we were going to be doing the lie detector test on me, and how all four of them each had two yes or no questions to ask me.

       Jerome hooked up the lie detector test to me, and I just glared at him the whole time. "You know, if you keep glaring at me, everyone's going to think that you hate me," he said.

       "That is a very high possibility," I said. "You asked me if I wanted to do this when it was two in the morning, Jerome. I was way too tired to function."

       Jerome shrugged once again. "You win some and lose some." He finished hooking the lie detector test up to me and sat down across from me, right beside his laptop. "Alright, I'll go first since I have one easy question and one hard question."

        "I still hate you," I said.

       "I'll make it up to you later," Jerome said before winking into the camera, and I had to move my head away to hide my smile. "So, first question. Do you believe in love at first sight?"

       "Yes," I said, and that was completely honest. I never really told anyone, but part of me always knew that Jerome was the one when I first laid my eyes on him.

       "Okay, next," Jerome said.

       "Ooh, my turn," Orchid said. "Are you terrified of spiders?"

       "Lame," Alan said. "We all know the answer considering he hid in his tent that time we went camping and refused to leave because he thought an ant was a spider."

      "Let him answer," Orchid said.

      "Yes," I said. Spiders were creepy. Anything tiny with legs were creepy.

      "My turn," Atticus said. "Is Orchid your favourite sibling?"

      "Dude!" Alan said.