~22~

Hermione stood bent over in the safe ground of the Burrow. She was trying to catch her breath from the unexpected air battle that they just got caught up in. And also, the nerves from her being up in the air for so long. It was more frightening than she had expected.

She looked around, relieved to see the faces of those around her, they were safe. Everyone who was disguised as Harry turned back by now, so she knew it was the real one when she hugged him.

"You're alright." He said, almost like a question.

She nodded. "I think they knew it wasn't us after a while of exchanging hexes."

Hermione heard another crack in the air, another pair had arrived and then came another round of cheers. He still looked like Harry, but it was Ron, standing there, looking slightly perplexed. Once their eyes met he grinned, the same lopsided grin he always did.

She ran to him, his arms embracing her as she flung towards him. "You're safe." She whispered into his chest. She felt him nodding against her head.

"Brilliant, he was." Tonks remarked, as she sunk into her husbands arms. "Absolutely brilliant out there, he saved our asses."

Hermione looked up at Ron, from where she was in his arms. He turned back to looking like himself now and smiled down at her, being the tall man he was, and shrugged bashfully. Hermione thought about how odd it was that now, after relieving themselves that they were both alive, this was when it was okay to show true affection, in front of everyone. At any other time it would seem silly. But now, it was perfectly okay.

"Ron- you...that's amazing." Hermione remarked after Tonks' comment. She was almost dumbfounded by Ron's success and impressed. She realized that she shouldn't be though, rather she should be proud of her friend and his amazing magical capabilities.

He blushed slightly and shrugged. "Always the tone of surprise."

Harry had reached them now and placed his arms around both of them. They smiled just as they heard another crack as another pair had apparated to the Burrow. There were not cheers this time. This time, Hermione heard Molly shriek as they all ran over to George and Arthur.

When Hermione spotted George she realized all the fuss. Half of his head was completely covered in blood. It seemed to be coming from his ear but she couldn't quite spot the cause of the wound in the mess of blood.

"What's happened!" Molly panicked as she made sure there was a direct route to the sofa inside for her son to lie down.

Arthur and Lupin helped carry George there. He was conscious, yet looked very out of it, not at all like himself.

Hermione quickly noticed that besides the blood, something was not right about George's head. In the place where his left ear was supposed to be, there was nothing. It seemed like a hole in his skin of gushing blood, though it looked like the bleeding had slowed now.

As they set him down on the couch, Molly placed a rag under his head. Hermione and the others crowded around the couch until they saw Fred walk in the house.

He went straight to his brother's side and stared at him.

"How you feeling George?" He asked his brother calmly. It was odd for the lot of them to watch the twins acting seriously with each other, rather than joking.

"Saintlike." George replied, while peacefully lying with his arms rested on his chest.

"Saintlike?" Fred repeated. 

"Saintlike, I'm holy."George pointed to his missing ear hole. "I'm holey Fred."

Fred sighed but grinned. "The whole world of ear related humor and you go with 'I'm holy'....pathetic."