Prologue

I was born in the coldest winter in the century, to the coldest mother in the world. Well, I wasn't really "born", a better way to express it is "they got me out of my mother's womb before I died". I was a very late child. Didn't want to come on time, I waited nearly 2 weeks past birthdue. But then they cut my mom's belly and pulled me out. I was so tiny, the doctor had to put me into the preemie wing to all the little too early born babies, even though I was so late. Maybe I turned out so small because my mom tried to abort me multiple times but it didn't quite work out and I survived anyway. You see, my mom isn't really loving towards me, or anybody I really know or knew. Sometimes I question if she feels anything at all. But my dad on the other hand is very caring and lives me very much. He is pretty much the opposite of my mom. That's also the reason why they got divorced when I was about a year old. I lived my early years in my grandma's house, because mom didn't want to take care of me and dad had to work - he was an artist but also a tennis coach. But when I turned 6 I had to move to my dad so I could go to school in town. I remmeber my grandma picking me up from school once and breaking out in tears when she saw me. When I asked her what was wrong, she just sobbed "my little darling, so tiny, the other kids are going to Stamp over you by accident!". I was in fact the smallest and slimmest kid in the whole school. It didn't bother me and the other kids didn't accidentally stamp over me, else wise than my grandma predicted. I was good at school. I enjoyed maths and physics, but mostly I loved music lessons. We had them once in two weeks and we learned about all the different orchestra instruments and about different singing styles. At the end of each music lesson, we would sing a song the teacher picked for us. That was my favourite part. I would learn the songs by heart and practice them at home. Singing was my first great passion in my life. Unfortunately I had to quit my hobby in 9th grade when I had to focus more on learning. I didn't really want to go to college so it seemed quite pointless to me to study so hard every day, but like my dad used to say "child, you must keep your opportunities open, otherwise you will have more regrets than success". After school I kinda forgot about singing. I was fresh after high school, looking for a little job to keep me in tact and trying to have a good time as now "a young lady", when my good friend Phoebe Griswold carried a big box into my room and told me to open it. The moment I opened the big, wooden box and saw what's inside of it, I knew what my new dream was and what I wanted to achieve.