Chapter Five

"You look good" I smiled.

"No I don't, I look fat" Nicole frowned and looked in the full length mirror scrutinizing every detail of herself. Stop with the 'I am fat' all the time. Nicole is most certainly not fat. She looks more like a stick than a branch.

I groaned and flung my head back against the back of the couch. Just agree with me on this, please.

"I don't know if I like this one" Macy called through the changing room door. Please like this one.

I lifted my head up to see what she looked like. Nicole turned away from the mirror and crossed her arms over her chest, the frown now gone.

"Come on out, let us see" Nicole called back to her.

A second later Macy came walking out in a strapless plain white dress that stopped just below her knees. I thought it looked lovely on her. She walked over to the mirror and ran her hands down it and turned. It really brought out her hazel eyes. It went well with her shoulder length red hair and pale white skin.

"It's nice. You should get it" I sat up straight and smiled.

"Mhmmm, I don't know. It's nice but I think I'll keep looking" Macy turned to the mirror again before nodding as if she made her mind up and walking back into the changing room. I groaned again and slouched back in my chair.

"I'm just going to try on another dress" Nicole informed me. I made a mhm in agreement. She then went into the changing room next to the one Macy went into leaving me sitting in the silent changing rooms myself. Pulling my phone out and unlocking it I text Blake.

ME: This is torture!

A few seconds later my phone vibrated with an incoming text.

BLAKEY: Want your knight in shining armour to come rescue you?

I chuckled and replied back.

ME: Give me a few more dresses then I'm calling in the excuse book

I hit send and almost instantly received a reply.

BLAKEY: Aw, I was looking forward to getting a kiss for rescuing you. Way to depress a guy.

"Evie?" Nicole snapped. I looked up over my phone to see her scowling at me, her arms crossed and leaning all her weight onto the one leg. Instead of the cream dress she had on before she now wore an emerald green one that had one sleeve that went across her left shoulder and went down to just above her knees. It clung to her curves perfectly. If it was up to me I would say this is her dress but she's just going to find something else wrong with it.

"Yes?" I gave her a big smile.

"Stop texting, I need you to tell me what you think of this dress" She turned to the mirror and studied herself.

"What the fuck does it matter what I think? All that matters is what Jake thinks and he thinks you look beautiful in anything. Plus every time I tell you I like the dress you find another thing wrong with it. If I'm being honest, the past thirteen dresses have looked good on you, pick one so I can go home to sleep" I ranted then went back to my phone.

"What's up with her?" Macy whispered to Nicole. They looked at me then to each other shrugging and then turned to look at each other's outfit.

Good, you two do the dress talk together. I am going to sit on my phone instead.

ME: That's a shame.

I texted Blake back.

Over an hour later Macy had managed to buy a deep blue dress and Nicole ended up getting that emerald one, but not before we went to another four stores and they tried on half the stock.

Everything Has Changedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें