Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Eden, it's time to get up!" My mom yelled. I sighed, rolling out of bed. I walked into my bathroom, taking a quick shower before wrapping myself in a towel and heading into my closet. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a loose sweatshirt. I sat down at my vanity where I quickly brushed my too long toffee colored hair and pulled it back into a bun. I looked at myself in the mirror, dull green eyes staring back at me.

They used to be full of life, of happiness.

Eden. That's my name. Its meaning is 'delight.' I find it ironic because my life is anything but delightful.

I guess I should start with saying who I am. My name is Eden Rose, and I'm the Beta's daughter. I'm apart of the Midnight Pack. My life is anything but good. Basically everyone in the pack treats me like trash. I'm seventeen years old today, it's my birthday. I stopped looking forward to my birthday years ago.

I sighed, grabbing my bag and trudging down the stairs and into the kitchen. My parents were down there, and so was my older brother, Alex. He was eighteen.

"Happy birthday, Eden," my dad said, smiling. I mustered a small smile.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"Alex, why don't you give Eden a ride to school today," my mom suggested. He lifted an eyebrow before glancing at me, disgust in his eyes.

"Why would I want to be seen with that," he sneered. I didn't even flinch from his words, I was used to it.

"Alex!" My mom exclaimed, but Alex merely shrugged.

"Mom, it's fine. I like walking," I said, my voice quiet. Alex left, jumping into his car and driving off to school. My parents gave me apologetic looks. They were some of the only people that actually cared about me. "Bye guys," I said as I left our home.

I walked to school quickly and went to my locker immediately. I was about to head to class when someone stopped me. I tensed.

"Aw look what we have here. The nerdy little runt of the pack," Selene, the pack slut, sneered at me. I just looked down, ignoring her. She growled and slammed me against the lockers behind me. Her hand tightened on my neck and she glared at me. "Look at me when I'm talking to you, bitch!" She growled at me. She slammed me against the lockers again, hard, making me gasp in pain. My head throbbed as I fell to the ground. She kicked me in the ribs a couple of times before leaving.

I gasped for air as I heard someone coming towards me. I tensed again before I sighed in relief when I saw that it was my best friend, Jaxon Harris. We have been best friends since birth, and he hated how everyone treated me.

"Eden!" He said, pulling me into his large frame. He cradled me gently as I felt all the wounds Selene had inflicted on me start to heal. Perks of being a werewolf.

"I'm okay," I said, once my breathing had gone back to normal. He gave me a doubtful look. "I promise," I said. He frowned before nodding.

"I hate how they treat you," he said. I smiled sadly at him.

"Me too," I mumbled.

"Happy birthday," he said, thankfully changing the subject. He gave me a smile, and a genuine smile graced my face.

"Thank you," I said. He grinned, holding out a gift bag. I frowned slightly. "You didn't need to get me anything," I said. He just shrugged, placing the bag in my hands.

"Open it," he said. I sighed and opened it. I saw that it was a picture frame, I pulled it out. A smile immediately graced my face when I saw that it was a picture of us when we were younger. I was actually smiling and laughing in it.

"Thank you," I said, and he smiled, pulling me into his large frame. I was pretty small, and he was really tall.

"You're welcome. Come on, let's get to class," he said as we headed towards class with his arm thrown over my shoulder.

Luckily, the rest of the day went by uneventfully. When I got home, I saw that my parents had gotten me a gift. It was also a picture, and it was of me, Alex, and my parents when Alex and I were really young. I was smiling in it, my green eyes shining with happiness. It was before everyone started to bully me. They did it because I was weak and they could do whatever they want considering that Leo, our future Alpha, was okay with it. He bullied me too.

I sighed, walking upstairs to my room. When I sat down on my bed, my wolf, Rosie, spoke to me.

'Can we go for a run?' She asked.

'Okay,' I said and I hopped up and walked outside to the backyard. I walked behind a tree and took off all of my clothes. I shifted into my pure white wolf, which was a very rare color of fur to have. No one except for my family and Jaxon knew this. Alex only knows because he found out before they all started bullying me.

I grabbed my clothes between my teeth and ran through the woods. I finally stopped when I made it to the creek I had found when I was younger. I shifted back and pulled on my clothes. I sat down on a flat rock and pulled my knees to my chest, thinking to myself. It was dark now, the only light coming from the moon and stars.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps. I immediately jumped off of the rock and turned towards to sound. The person came into view, and I saw that it was Leo. He was about 6'6" and had a strong body. His dark chestnut colored hair looked messy, but in a bed hair kind of way. It was sexy. He had plump pale pink lips, sun-kissed skin, and a strong jawline and straight nose. My eyes finally crashed into the most beautiful set of gold eyes I had ever seen.

That's when it hit me. The most mouthwatering scent of pine cones and maple syrup.

'Mate!' My wolf screamed in my head.

I looked at him shock. He was my mate! I made a move towards him, but he growled, making me freeze in place.

"Leo?" I said in a timid voice. When he didn't respond and just stated at me, I spoke again. "Leo," I spoke softly.

"What?" He sneered.

"W-we're mates," I said.

"No, we're not. You're weak, and ugly, and will never be fit to be a Luna," Leo growled. I flinched from his words, they hurt coming from him.

"But-" I started as I took a step towards him, but was cut off when I went flying backwards, hitting a tree and then falling onto the ground. I stared up at him in shock, holding my aching cheek. He hit me. My mate had hit me. Tears were streaming down my face when he stalked towards me. I scrambled backwards, but stopped when my back hit the trunk of another tree. He glared down at me as I shrank back against the tree.

"Don't you dare tell anyone that we're mates," he said, then paused before speaking again. "You know what? I think I'll just reject you. I, Leo Carter, Alpha of the Midnight Pack, reject you, Eden Rose, as my mate," he said, and I screamed as a searing pain ripped through my chest. Leo left me sobbing as I clutched my chest.

After what felt like forever, the pain finally subsided. I slowly stood up and ran as fast as I could back to my house. I silently went to my room. Tears ran down my face as I grabbed a bag from my closet, filling it with the essentials. Clothes, toiletries, food, and money I had saved up over the years. I wrote a note, leaving it on my bed before I climbed out of my window and slipped into the night.

I was done with all of this. And now I was finally going to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Okay so this is the first chapter of my new book, yay! I hope you guys enjoyed it so far!

I'll try updating within 4-5 days! I'll be able to update more often after the next week since I get out of school next week, but I have a couple of tournaments.

Anyways... please vote, comment, and spread the word about my books!

Love you all!

-Sky