LOST OR WON?

When they performed for the last time on the stage that night, they actually understood that it wasn't just about winning the title anymore, it was about winning respect too, the respect of being the first group to have ever win, the respect of owning the title against a lot older contestants, and proving that although they were not super experienced, they still could rule the world.

And there hopes were on a new level when they were in top three. They were super happy but at the same time, extremely nervous. "All the best mates." Niall said entering the room where Harry and Louis and Liam and Zayn were cuddled up, watching Fast and Furious.

They looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks mate. All the best to you too." Louis said. "Come sit with us." Liam offered.

Niall seemed to consider it. It was weird because he was not normally like this, but at times he would really sort of feel uncomfortable to sit with them. "Are you sure?" he asked sulkily. Zayn, who laid his head on Liam's shoulders suddenly looked up, shocked. "What are you talking about, Nialler? When did you become so formal?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, just asking."

"Niall, you don't have to ask anything or even be confused about it, you just have to jump in between us. That's what our bond is all about." Harry said smiling.

Although Niall was not still sure, he placed himself in the middle between Harry and Zayn, Louis and Liam at the corner. He felt like he was barging into their lives for some reason, but he decided to shrug off the though just as he had been doing for the last three months.

"How are you so chilled?" Niall asked at one point. "Because there is nothing we can do now, since our last performance is over, and since it's our last day here, we wanted to enjoy." Louis added, stroking Harry's hair casually. "Right he is." Liam mumbled while playing with Zayn's shirt.

It actually was all about their bond, they could do things casually without any foreign feeling. They would touch each other without feeling anything gay. Maybe that was the proof that they were actually on their peak of friendship, and that was a good thing. But at times like this, Niall really doubted if he was just at the peak as them.

*****

"The first act to be still in the finale is..." Him being super dramatic at the moment made them feel super anxious. Their hearts were in their throats, they were practically shaking. Heads down, fingers crossed, prayers in the mind, butterflies in the stomach, was how they stood there.

After an unnecessary silence of thirty seconds,that made their hearts beat faster, he finally announced the name. "Matt." he said.

It was kind of sad, a bit disappointing, but not at all surprising. Matt Cradle was definitely a talented guy, and he deserved it, but that point almost crashed their high hopes.

It was now between them and Rebecca Ferguson. Backstage she had met them with a smile. "All the best guys." she had said. "Zayn, trust me, you are talented,all of you are, and only one of us is gonna win. I know, how much important it is for you, but this is not just the end. It's the beginning. Not everyone who loses is a loser."

And now when they were waiting for the second finalist to be called, Zayn locked his eyes with his ex-girlfriend, only for a moment, and she gave him an assuring smile, that didn't really seem to calm him down. For a reason Zayn felt like crying, but he didn't want to. Harry had his head bent down, Louis assuring him, rubbing his hands on his back.

"The second act to be still in the running is..." Again an unnecessary silence was accumulated for another thirty seconds. Maybe there was still hope for them.  Maybe they could still bag the trophy, maybe they could win...