LAST DAYS IN CRADLE

It was just as any other day in the past few months for them as they were practicing for their final performance on the X factor stage, and although they were happy about being so close to victory, there was something deep inside that made them quite a bit sorrowful, everyone was feeling the same, but didn't bring it up until their break after singing for two hours straight.

"This is gonna be our last performance on this stage guys." Niall mentioned sulkily when they had plopped down on the floor. And with that single statement made by Niall changed the environment in the room. Zayn and Harry, who were goofing around and laughing, suddenly froze and looked at Niall as if that was the same thing that was bothering them somehow, Liam, who was almost dozed off quickly opened his eyes as if he were in a horror movie, and Louis, who was on the phone, probably texting Hannah, his girlfriend, suddenly dropped his phone onto his lap and looked at Niall as if he was trying to avoid that subject.

After a few straight seconds of silence, Louis stood up to sit beside him and gently whispered, "I know Niall." It was as if even though Niall didn't exactly tell them what he felt by all this, but they still knew the sensitivity of the subject that even Louis, who was probably the loudest person on the earth, managed to whisper. It was as if they understood what he meant by that statement or they all felt the same way. It was the same way for past five months.

"We would have to leave the house in just a week, and we could never get this all back man. We might win or even become super famous or something, but still this place is...you know...like a cradle, where you actually spend the best time of your life, and would always love this, and would always feel safe. This place is like a..." Harry stopped midway, finding for words.

"Like a childhood bedroom. The place where you make most of the greatest memories of your life. The place you love the most, but have to leave one day. I think although we may leave and get one better life, we would still never forget it, nothing would make us feel as happy and warm as this." Zayn completed.

"Yeah." Niall replied with a weak smile.

"But you know guys, if this place is like our childhood bedroom, then think about the excitement we would feel to come back here somewhere in the future, like although we wouldn't be a part of this show on a major level, we could still come here as am audience or to maybe do a small gig or something maybe." Louis added with a smile, a genuine smile.

"You're right." Liam just added amused by the fact that Louis could speak something sensible.

"Yeah right, it's gig you're talking about, not popcorn that you'd get easily." Niall rolled his eyes at him.

"Why do you have to make every situation about food, Nialler? We'll work hard, we're ONE DIIIRECTION, we can make it, man. We will work really hard." Louis said with a determined smile, like that was the thing he wished for the most in his life.

"Maaate." Niall whined as he hugged Louis tightly, "I'm gonna miss this place, very much. Especially 'the stairs', the place where we made the best memories."

"Me too Niall, me too." Louis hugged Niall closer by one hand and extended his other hand for the rest of the boys to take it, so that they could join in, and so they did.

"Naah! This is better than X-factor." Harry said with a chuckle as scooted closer into the hug, making everyone laugh.

Five months, five boys, one band, and an interconnected twenty chambered heart.

*****

"Guys! We're gonna go to our hometowns tomorrow. I'm really excited. Like super-duper excited." Harry said with a cheeky smile.