With a sigh, I pushed myself up and pulled my imparter out of my pocket, frowning at the cracked screen as I called the CFR.

Evelyn Sikes,  a conjurer,  young mother of two and containment agent came up on the screen and chirped, "Hello! How many do you have today and where are you?"

"Two, the third got away. The two are wrapped up on the pavement in front of Vesta Vita's," I spit out the blood welling in my mouth as I felt my body ache from the exertion a good old fight can cause.

I watched as Evelyn snapped her fingers, and suddenly, the two goons I did manage to capture disappeared into thin air.

"Is there anything else I can do to help you?" she asked politely.

"Get Gidget to run a background check on Braylon Gauge for me. He was the third attacker."

" Oh my! Isn't he friends with Rosemary? She'll be heartbroken. Will you be stopping by the base to heal up?" asked Evelyn, but I shook my head no.

"I need to go to Rosemary's. She lives nearby, and now that I know Braylon is part of a gang..."

Evelyn nodded, "I'll send some elixirs for you to take before you start to move and take care of everything else here at the office. I'll send the results we get from the background check in the morning."

"Thanks, Evelyn."

"See you!"

Seconds after the screen clicked off, a few little bottles appeared at my side. I quickly downed the contents without worrying much about what they were or what they tasted like and shoved the bottles in my pocket before getting up and starting the walk to Rosemary and Celeste's apartment.

Rosie opened the door after I knocked and was horrified to see me leaning against the doorframe with my clothes ripped and stained with blood. She pulled me inside instantly and sat me down at the kitchen table, pulling out the first aid kit from the cabinet. Fretfully, she searched the kit from top to bottom looking for bandaids big enough to patch up the larger wounds and almost insisted that she go get some when Celeste joined the party. Oh boy.

Celeste started to interrogate me on what happened when Rosie tried to slip out the door. I called her back when I asked for a glass of water and she sulked back. Celeste started to ask me about who attacked me, and I glanced over at Rose , who had her back turned to us. Celeste seemed to catch my drift and suggested to Rose that she go get some towels to help clean off the blood. Rose only nodded before leaving, and I was able to quickly summarize everything that happened with Braylon to Celeste as quietly as I could. She then agreed that she didn't want Rosemary going out alone, especially if Braylon was loose. Celeste then suggested that she go out to get proper bandages while I stayed with Rosemary at the apartment and try to break the news to her.

Rosemary back over carrying towels when Celeste told her the plan.

"I'm going to go out and get bandaids, Rosie, you stay here and take care of Alexander."

"And why can't I go out and get the bandaids?" Rosemary crossed her arms, "I know you guys aren't telling me something."

"Because you're gentler than Ms. Warm and Cuddly over here," I pointed to Celeste. "Besides, I can catch you up while she's gone."

Rosemary seemed to decide that this was reasonable enough and grabbed a bowl of water. She took the seat next to me and started to dab my cheek with a soaked washcloth while Celeste got ready to go out.

"Take my electroblaster," I held it out to Celeste, "I don't want you to go defenseless."

"What do you mean?" Rosie frowned, but Celeste and I ignored her.