Chapter 34

*2 years later*

Gales POV

I'm on the train to district 12 now.

Looking through Katniss and Johanna's tweets to each other

"@_RealKatniss Hey Brainless, I'm at your house, where are you? I'm bored, remember that music video we were going to do for @JMZmusic"

"@JohannaMason yes, I remember the video, and it'll be done in time. And anyway, I doubt JMZ will force us to do it quickly. We all know who JMZ really is"

"@_RealKatniss actually you're wrong, only you, bread body, me, Annie and Haymitch know who JMZ is because she wears awesome disguises"

"@JohannaMason right, when's it due for?"

"@_RealKatniss like 4 weeks, so we've time, I'm coming round to see Wil"

"@JohannaMason I already feel sorry for Willow"

"@_RealKatniss Very funny brainless, I'll see y'all soon, okay? I need to get some weed"

"@JohannaMason Think about it and I'll kill you."

"@_RealKatniss #420 #blazeit It's too late I've already got the weed"

"@JohannaMason then you're already dead #everyonesGoingToBeSoHappy"

I smiled at their tweets, and I know who JMZ is (Probably the coolest anonymous party thrower everywhere) but who's Willow?

I know Katniss became friends with Johanna, taking over my place, have they got another friend or something.

I sighed as we pulled into the station. Switching off my laptop and stuffing it messily into my suitcase.

I was going to stay at my moms, so I left my suitcase there first.

I walked to Katniss' house. Listening for a while before knocking

"I'm not falling for that again Katniss, I choose truth" Johanna says

"Okay then, you have to umm" Katniss trails off "tell us who JMZ is"

"You know who JMZ is"

"That's not what I asked" Katniss states

"Fine, it's me. Are you happy now, Katniss?"

"Yes, because I'm sure JMZ won't mind if the music video in late then"

"Asshole"

"Johanna! Language, come on!"

"right, shit, I mean shoot! Sorry! Oh my fu-! Sorry" Johanna says, clearly panicking.

So, Johanna's JMZ. Wow.

I take a deep breath, and loudly knock the door.

"Sure, go ahead" I heard Peeta say to someone I mustn't of heard

The living room door swings open

I hear fidgeting at the locks.

I see the curtain open slightly, as Johanna looks out.

"Shit! Willow, don't answer that!"

But it was too late, the door had already swung open.

And in the doorway stood a 2 year old girl with dark hair and blue eyes.

I heard Johanna run into the hall.

"Willow, why don't you go back into the living room?" Johanna asks.

This must be the Willow they were talking about.

"Okay aunty Jo" the little girl said, skipping into the living room humming.

"So your JMZ then?" I ask Johanna

"Yes, but don't think I'm going to give you a shout out, because I won't. And I'll also deny it, so don't tell anyone"

"I won't" I told her. "So uhh, who's kid was that, yours?"

"I don't have kids, Gale" she answered.

"Then who's kid was it?" I ask. "She said you were her aunt, I didn't know you had siblings" I said, refusing to consider the alternative.

"I do have siblings, however they all died 9 years ago" Johanna muttered

"Then who's kid is it?" I ask, repeating myself

"Who's do you think?" Johanna whispers harshly.

I knew exactly who's kid it was from the beginning. The dark hair and the blue eyes, someone from the seam with unmistakable bakers eyes. I just tried to tell myself that Katniss didn't want kids. She'd always said that. But she must of changed her mind.

"Is there a reason you're here, like 2 and a half years later?" Johanna asks "Last time I saw you, I broke into your brothers house and beat the shit out of you, and the time before that Katniss hit you with a chair."

"I'm here to apologise. To Katniss" I told her

"For what?" Johanna asks "killing her sister, running away, trying to kill us in a car crash or kidnapping her?"

"For all of it" I tell her, "but especially for killing Prim"

"I don't think Katniss wants to see you"

"Then why don't you ask her?" I question.

The living room door swings open and Katniss walks out. "Sure, I'll talk to you. I want to know what you've got to say."

"Are you sure?" Johanna asks Katniss

"Yes, of he tries anything I'll let you swing, okay?"

"Fine. Ugh you're such a pain" Johanna says trudging back into the living room.

"Hello Catnip"

"Gale" Katniss says, not looking at me.

"Do you mind if we take this somewhere quieter, perhaps the woods?" I ask

"Sure" Katniss mutters, grabbing her coat as we walked out the door, and into the cold October weather.