Chapter 6

I felt like I was in a dream, well a nightmare if I'm being honest, I was sitting in a room I didn't recognise, sitting on something comfortable, a couch or maybe a bed, I looked around, mahogany furniture, mint green walls, silver paintings. But nothing I recognised.

The most haunting thing of all, was the mahogany dresser, with a large mirror on top of it, I looked at my reflection, that wasn't what scared me, I looked like myself, I recognised myself, but not the person behind me, with her arms wrapped around my torso, I didn't recognise this girl - I didn't recognise this mutt. That's when I knew I was in trouble. A mutt. Designed to kill me. I screamed, she let go of me. I ran to the door and down the wooden stairs, I hurtled into an unknown kitchen, slamming the door and sliding down the kitchen counter.

I was terrified. And that's when I realised what I'd just done. I'd went all mutt on Katniss, I started to cry. I'm an idiot, I started to cry more, still terrified, I hated these moments, it messed with my mind.

That's when she found me, I was still crying. "I'm so sorry" I managed to choke out.

"Shh, shh. Peeta it's okay" she soothed, sliding down the counter beside me and wrapping her arms around me

"I don't deserve you" I whispered

"Hey! Hey, Peeta look at me" she said sternly, I reluctantly moved my head slightly, looking her in the eyes

She brought her hand up, gently caressing the side of my face "I love you Peeta, you're a much better person than me, you're perfect, okay?" She asked

"I could of hurt you Katniss, I could do hurt yo-" she cut me off

"But you didn't, this wasn't your fault, and I'm fine, okay? I love you, and I know that these aren't your fault" she told me, wrapping her arms around me again and burying her face in the corner of my neck, I wrapped one of my hands around her.

"I love you, okay?" She asked

She brought her lips up to mine, pressing them against mine gently.

"Forever and always" I murmured.

Authors note: short, but I wanted to show hijacked Peeta. Can I just ask you a question.

Have you seen the mockingjay set pictures?

Hijacked Peeta is killing me. It's so upsetting, I cried when I first saw them! 😭😭

Vote

Comment

Fan