Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Lockers stood on both sides of the hallway, sandwiching the white tiles. Hinata looked around the almost deserted hallway. There were only a few students opening their lockers to switch their books and she barely knew those people. She honestly didn't know where her feet were bringing her, it seemed like they had a life of their own.

She rounded into another hallway, eyes immediately landing on a group of boys leaning against the lockers, chatting and laughing at what one of them said. They took a notice of her and smiled. 

Ever since she dated Sasuke, the school heartthrob, people began noticing her. In their eyes, she was no longer the shy and timid Hyuga Hinata, but deep inside, she still had that qualities in her which, in her closest friends' eyes, made her Hinata. 

Hinata smiled back, a blush creeping on her cheeks. Still, she wasn't used to the attention given to her. She still remembered that time when Kurenai, her language teacher told the class to go up one by one and talk about a certain topic given to her. She was given a topic about games. She barely knew anything about games, gamers and gaming. But she tried her best, knowing that Sasuke had a hobby of playing games whenever he had free times. 

The way she stuttered, poking her index fingers together and looking around the room and not giving eye contact still made her feel so embarrassed. She kinda wished she could rewind the time and did the speaking again. She wanted higher score. 

Unlike Sasuke, Hinata didn't always really pass a test with flying colours, but she tried her best to get a high score. And Sasuke had a photographic memory, just a glance or two at the pages in their textbooks and he could already remember it. However, Hinata wasn't that stupid, and she wasn't the students that had to stay back to attend remedials and summer schools...

She found her feet bringing her downstairs, each step she took resounding in the air. 

The second floor was deserted too, barely anyone walking in the hallway. She sighed.

Her light lavender orbs flickered when she noticed a student, a male student dressed in Konoha High uniform, talking to the principal, Tsunade. She was a hundred percent sure that she never saw him around the school before, which she figured that he must be new. 

New student? A new student enrolling in the middle of the semester?

She saw Tsunade handing him his locker key and some books before she walked back inside her office. She looked away when he turned, catching a glance of spiky dark brown hair, almost like Kiba's, only slightly darker and messier and crystal clear blue eyes with a speck of silver around the pupil, that gave him the appearance as if people could see his insides crystal clearly.

He stopped for a moment when he noticed her, his lips curling into a smile. 

"Hello."

Hinata looked up, lavender meeting blue. "H-Hello."

"You're the first student I see ever since I entered the building," he said. 

"O-Oh..." 

"Hey, silly me for not introducing myself first! My name's Ryota, what's yours?" 

"Hyuga Hinata," she spoke, her voice was barely audible. Nonetheless, this Ryota guy smiled. 

What's with people smiling these days..?

"Such a beautiful name. You're beautiful too!" 

She bit her lower lip at his straightforwardness and activeness. Kiba and Naruto will have a competitor soon... 

"T-Thank you, Ryota-san." 

"Drop the san, Hinata-chan." 

Hinata just had to cringe. He really was straightforward and it was making her uncomfortable. But she had to show him that she wasn't rude and he was a new student so she had to be a little more patient, maybe she could show him around the school? There was still twenty-five minutes till the start of the first period.

"O-okay... um, R-Ryota, do you want m-me to show y-you around the s-school...?"

Ryota grinned. "That would be great, Hinata-chan." 

---

Hinata had showed him around the second floor, letting him know which sensei belonged to which class, where the toilets were, the teacher's lounge and room and where the emergency exits were located.

She could feel his smile burning her back. 

They went up to the third floor, Ryota was walking slightly behind Hinata. 

"This is where most senior classes are... What c-class a-are you i-in?"

"D," he replied quickly, scanning the hallway. 

'That's where I am!' Hinata thought.

"You attend the same class as me, R-Ryota..."

His blue eyes flickered, mischief swimming in them. "That's great then, I won't feel burdened with the strangers because I know you!" 

Hinata nodded. Maybe having someone as lively and unafraid like Ryota, Naruto and Kiba in her class could make it livelier, more like, make it noisier than it already was. 

"Shall we go to the class, Hinata-chan?" 

Her thoughts ended, looking up to Ryota, Hinata nodded. 

They walked in silence. More students had come to the school and it was noisier than before. Hinata smiled back at every student that smiled at her. Some waved and approached her to ask about Sasuke, mostly girls though... and she wasn't surprised or bothered. She was already used to it. 

And Hinata knew that Sasuke wouldn't cheat, right? He was faithful and so was she.

------

Hey hey! Sorry if it's a little short and seemed rushed, guys! I tried my best, but I didn't feel like it's even right, I just got into the moment and start writing! Anyway, I'll keep on updating and hopefully the next chapter will be better and more fun!