Chapter Thirty-Six

It has been a week since I got out of the hospital, my bruises and cuts are healing, I have been taking online classes instead of going to Southside High. No one has contacted me from there and Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Kevin are still not talking to me. I have Jughead, who has started staying over every night and is basically living with me now. Every morning I wake up to the smell of coffee, which is the only thing I can keep in my body other than small fruit cups and jello. I hated jello but anything other than will make me throw up. I have been adjusting my thoughts, I have been thinking a lot about the fact that I am now infertile and can't have kids. Jughead says that no matter what he will stay with me.

Dad has been acting weird, he has been collecting boxes but he won't tell me why. I have pretty much made him promise we weren't moving. Slowly, whenever I come back from a date with Jughead I find my things missing. Jughead is trying to convince me it is just the pain medication I am on but I don't think so. They also have been getting to know each other more, when I am home alone I find they come back together and I wonder why. Surely my boyfriend and my dad are not together, that can't be it. I gag at the thought though. They wouldn't do that to me, I am positive of that. But they come back all giddy and cracking jokes. One day I overheard them talking about something, "I don't know how long we can continue hiding this from her, I mean, she can't know but it is getting so hard to keep this from her. What should I do?" Jughead says. "I don't know, but if you feel like it is going to slip, leave. Hide, do something, just don't let it slip," Dad replied. "Okay," Jughead made a weird noise that sounded like a nervous penguin. I hid back in my room until Jughead came in.

"Hey, beautiful. How are you doing?" I smile at him while typing on my laptop. "Just finishing up my essay for Biology," I click for it to send to my teacher and he came over and kissed my temple. "Sounds good, I was thinking instead of going to Pop's tonight we go somewhere nice, out of town," I nod. "I think that would be okay, but I don't have anything to wear to somewhere nice." he smiled and held up a dress. It was beautiful and was a deep blue, it was knee length and flowy. "Thank you Jug, but you didn't have to," he nodded. "Just get ready, we will leave in about an hour," I nod in suspicion, but grab the dress and told him to leave. "Okay beautiful, see you soon," he seemed giddy and almost skipped out of the shed. I giggle and get up to get ready.

I put on the dress and a nice black jacket to go with it and put on a pair of flats to go with it. I just put on the necklace that dad gave me before everything changed. I look in the mirror and am pleased with my appearance. I put on some eyeshadow and don't even bother with mascara. I leave my hair out and walk out the door to find Jughead in a tux with his hat on. I smile and kiss him as he pulled me into a hug. "Hey beautiful, you look amazing," I smile and nod to him. "You look dashing in your tuxedo, Mr. Jones," he smiled at me and motion for us to go. Dad waved us off and we got into Jughead's truck. "So I was thinking, I am not very comfortable with you riding a motorcycle anymore, so maybe we could swap vehicles, I fix up the bike and make it my own and you can have the truck?" he asked. I shake my head. "All my injuries are because of jerks and druggies. Not a single scratch on me from my bike." I explain and he sighed with a nod. "Okay, fine, but I am fixing that bike for you,"

We get to the restaurant half an hour later and we find our seats. After ordering, Jughead whispers to the waitress, who giggles and blushes madly, making me suspicious, but he gave me a cheesy smile in return. We eat our food in silence and then Jughead said, "You know Hope, I am kind of getting tired of our title," I furrow my eyebrows and my heart started racing. "Boyfriend and girlfriend, it just doesn't fit us anymore," he paused again and looked at me, I was almost hyperventilating. "You have done so much for me and we practically live together, and yet, we don't have a good enough title for that. We are in love, and yes we have had our hardships and bumps, but we are young and in love and I want more," he stood up and walked to me, holding my hands, and making me stand with him. "We don't fit that title anymore, we are so much more than that now, and yes I know we have another year of school to go, but Hope," he pulled something out of his jacket, it was a small box. I gasp and tears filled my eyes. Jughead got down on one knee, letting go of my hands, which flew to my mouth in surprise and opened the box. "I know we are young and in school still, but Hope Thorne, I love you and I know we are meant for each other, beautiful," he paused again and looked up at me with tears in his own eyes.

"Hope, will you be there for me through thick and thin, as my wife?" he asked and I let out a small sob and look at the ring, it was beautiful. "I know it isn't much, it is just plastic but I am saving up for a real one-" I fall to my knees and kiss him, he took out the plastic ring and slid it onto my finger. "I don't need another one, I love this one enough," I cry and kiss him again, and clapping erupted around the room. We were laughing and crying at the same as we stood up and there was a chocolate dessert there on the table and we laughed and ate it and afterward we went home and Jughead told me the plan.

"I think shortly before we are married we should move into the house and buy some things for it." I nod with a large grin. "Yeah, we will need a shared bed soon as well," he smirked at me as we plop down on my bed. "What? This bed isn't big enough?" he curled up next to me, I laugh and nuzzle my head into his neck. "No, something bigger, because we will have little ones having nightmares and there will be storms so we will need room for our little ones," I smile and sit up partially, keeping myself propped up with my elbow and look at Jughead, who was looking at me lovingly. "You are so amazing," he whispered, I blush and I bend down to kiss him. "Jughead Jones," I start, "I love you," I finish and he smiled. "I would hope so, considering you said yes to my proposal," we kissed again and his hand went to my waist, pulling me closer to him. We stayed like that for a good 20 minutes and then we both were in and out of sleep.

I felt Jughead shift and he started to get up. "No," I said in a whiny voice. "Stay," I beg and reach for his hand or his shirt or something to grab onto. He chuckled and moved the blankets and put me under them, and then got in bed next to me after shutting off the lights. I was satisfied and I fell back asleep, dreaming of a life with Jughead, and not much changed from what it was now.

Two chapters within the same day! How is that?! I really wanted to make it up to you guys and I think this is kind of a make up, thanks guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed! I will update soon, I just have had a lot of free time in class. Byeeeeeeeee.