Chapter Nineteen

We jog inside, well, I hobbled. Chris and Kevin saw me and worry flashed on their faces. "What happened to you?" I shake my head. "Not now! Jug!" He handed me to Chris and went to talk to Sheriff Keller. They were shouting at each other. "Let me see him!" Jughead demanded, and Keller gave in. "Fine, I will give you a little." Chris took me to a seat and kneeled by me, Kevin at his right side. "What happened?" Chris asked. "Reggie and Chuck, they wanted revenge for me beating them up." Chris looked furious. "I am going to kill them," He promised, I shake my head. "Don't, it will make things worse." Kevin looked worried for his boyfriend, as he was almost steaming.

"I have to do something! This is getting almost as bad as when we were at SouthSide High! I am going to talk to Sheriff Keller about what we could do about it, I will talk to your teachers and I will make sure no one hurts you." Chris said, and stood up. "Kev, could you keep Hope company for me?" he asked, Kevin nodded. Chris pecked his lips and went to talk to Kevin's dad. Kevin sat next to me. "So what happened?" Kevin asked. "All of it," He said. I nod. "Well, I was walking to the Blue and Gold office to meet with Jug before we left to go meet with my dad in the South Side, I will explain later. And Reggie and Chuck pinned me to a wall and started to hit me, punching me. Chuck finally pulled him off of me, and they left. Is it really that bad?" I ask. He looked at me with pity. "Hope, it looks like someone shoved you down ten flights of stairs. And then brutally tried to do your makeup." I scoff. "Thanks Kev." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Well you wanted me to tell you," he put his hands up in defense. I laugh.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks Kev." I look in the direction of my brother, who was now sternly planning out my protection with the sheriff. "So, how are things with my brother?" I ask with a smirk. He blushed. "They are going great, he is amazing." I smile at him. "He is a pain in the butt, but I think you already knew that," I smirk at his red face. "We, I, uh. How about I get you some water, yeah?" he got up and went to the water fountain and a cup. I snigger to myself, and Jughead came out for a minute. "Dad said he wanted to see you before..." He drifted off, he didn't want to finish the sentence, and neither did I. I stand up, and Jughead helped me walk into the cell room.

I find FP Jones leaning against the prison bars, he smirked at us, but it was almost a nice smirk, when he saw my face it dropped. "What happened to you?" I try to wave it off. "Not much, students at Riverdale high just showing their opinions." I say. "Kid I told you this was a bad idea." I shake my head. "I wanted to, FP. You couldn't have changed my mind if you tried." he nodded. "You'll take care of Jughead for me while I'm gone, right?" I look at Jughead, who was looking at me with a little smile. I smirked. "You know I will, FP. He is a good kid, but trouble seems to follow him like a lost puppy." I laugh. "Yeah, just try to fight it off," he said. FP gave me a grateful smile. "How are things in the new serpent life?" FP asked. "Not much different, but I am closer to my friends than I ever have been." he nodded. "Good, how is your dad? Did you meet the kids?" I nod. "Yeah, they are sweet, and they look like mom. How is she? Have you heard any word from her?" I ask, FP shook his head with a sigh. "No one has," I nod. "It was wonderful to see you again, FP. Stay out of trouble," I joke, he gave a pitiful laugh. "I will try,"

We leave the room, and Chris said we were going home. "Can Jug come to?" I ask Chris. "We have the room, so yeah. Let's go," We all got to the car, and we headed to my house. "You wanna go to the shed when we get home?" Jughead asked, mumbling into my hair. I nod. "Yeah, I love my parents, but I want some alone time with you," I mumble back, making sure Kevin and Chris don't hear. I could feel Jug shuffle, he wrapped his arms around my waist. I smile and nuzzle my head into his warm chest. When we pull onto the street and park by the house, Jughead grabbed both of our bags, and wrapped his arm around my waist, helping me up. I could walk, but my stomach was killing me, making me double over. Jughead sat me on the couch and put our things away, and grabbed my laptop.

He helped me to the shed and we pulled up a movie. I lie on Jughead while he had his arms around me, preventing me from falling. I felt him move from under me, I look at him. "Do you want me to get off? Am I getting too heavy?" I ask him, he laughed and shook his head. "No, I was just shifting. You could never be too heavy, you are perfect," I blush deeply, hiding my face in his chest. "I am far from perfect," I mumble. He played with my hair, which made my heart flutter. "You are perfect to me, Hope. You are beautiful, and smart, and you can fend for yourself," I look up and glare at him. "Okay today was a little different, it came out of nowhere." He explained, putting a hand on my cheek, rubbing the soft skin with his thumb. "You are perfect," he whispered.

I crawl up, and kiss him with passion. He sat up, taking my head in his hands. I snake my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Ignoring the pain in my stomach, I slowly and gently take off his crown shaped beanie. One arm found its way around my waist, the other still cradling my face. We break apart, we can't help but smile at each other. I pulled our lips together again,then felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "Ah," I whimper, Jughead looked at me in concern. "Are you alright, Hope?" his eyebrows furrowed. "Just my stomach. I am fine." he kissed my head. "How about we calm down, maybe that will help, do you want some ice?" he asked. I shake my head. "I will be fine." I state, and we lay back down, finishing the movie.

I didn't realize how late it was until I saw the black night covering the window. I look at the time on my almost dead laptop. 9:58. I sigh, closing my laptop, and lay back down, a dark dream followed me.

I know this is kind of a short chapter but the next chapter will be better, I hope. Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy. I will probably update more chapters today because school was cancelled due to ice storms.