Chapter 16

"Recieving something bitter felt sweet."

~~~~~•••••~~~~~

Hachiko's POV

"Bye bye, Haru-chan!"

I waved back at Haruhi who was outside the car as she reached her home. I stared at her for a moment trying to relay a message but it looks like she never understood my stare.

Help me. I don't want to be alone with him.

I sighed and lay my back against the seat. This is bad. Very bad. My heart hasn't stopped pounding since we left school. And right now, it's pounding really hard.

"Hachi-chan. You okay?" His cute voice sent me chills.

I nodded. "Y-yes." I manage to say without stuttering. Who knew this guy would be scary.

Ah. Is this what they call, 'butterflies in their stomach'? When they are alone with someone they lo-like?

No. Not love... Right?

I sighed again in frustration. I am confused. What is the difference of 'liking' and 'loving'? And why am I thinking over very mature things!? Oh wait. I am old enough. But still!

"Hachi-chan."

Flummery.

"Yes?" I looked at him, still avoiding his eyes. I looked at his hands and at Usa-chan he was cuddling.

Nayomi is in my bag. As much as I wanted to hug her, I could not afford to stain her cloth earlier. Especially because there were a lot of people and tea around the clubroom. Nayomi might have felt lonely and sad.

Ah. Speaking of. I haven't thanked Honey-senpai. That time.

"Are you okay?" He smiled at me. I stared at him before nodding. His smile grew wider at my reply.

I smiled at him too.

Third Person's POV

'Ahh. Why is this person so damn cute?'

The silence inside the limo was peaceful yet awkward for the little ones. One was playing with her fingers while the other hugged his bunny tightly. Both were trying to hold the smiles on their faces as they look away. They did not know what to say to each other. 

Well, except for a certain blonde shorty. 

"Hey, Hachi-chan. Why aren't you hugging Nayomi the way you always do before?" The little girl looks at him, a bit startled. He wasn't facing her as he talked he was looking at the front, his gentle eyes staring at the empty seat.

Hachiko thought for a minute before looking at the empty seat as Honey did. She smiled and said, "Reina Obba-san would get mad at me again if Nayomi gets dirty."

This time the blonde boy looked at her with a curious look. But before he could answer she said, "That's why I hide her inside my bag." She opens her bag revealing Nayomi. "See?"

Honey giggled. "Maybe I should do that too!" He exclaimed looking at her with a smile. Hachiko smiled back and giggled.

They laughed and giggled as the limo drove them on the way to the Yumezaki household. They shared different stories and joked around.