hoseok nodded, getting up and walking past the boy to the door. "i'll just close up," he flipped the sign around, sighing in relief. "business is shit anyway."

the tattoo boy smiled, a chuckle escaping his lips. he hooked his thumbs in the belt loops of his grey stonewashed jeans, while hoseok sat back on his little stool, pressing shuffle on his playlist and letting the 1975 play.

"sit down on that armchair, if you like," hoseok pointed to an ancient emerald green armchair, with stuffing leaking from the arms. the blueberry boy did so, sitting and crossing his legs. "what's your name?"

"it's yoongi, cherry boy," the inked up boy responded, picking at the black varnish on his nails and blowing some strands of hair from his face. "what's yours, stranger?"

"hoseok, ink boy," hoseok retorted, leaning on the counter. "what brings you to lobi at this shitty hour of the night? i doubt it's because this place looked cosy."

yoongi raised his pierced eyebrow, smirking. "well, cherry boy, that's for me to know. and for you to find out," he yawned carefully, pulling a pack of marlboro lights out from his jean pocket. "you mind?" he asked, placing one of the cigs in his mouth. hoseok shook his head.

"pass me one?" he asked, and yoongi complied, throwing one across the room, hoseok catching it with ease. the cigarette had delicate hangul scrawled across the white paper, and hoseok read it, eyes curious.

depression.

yoongi answered his question before it was even asked, his own cigarette now lit and perched in his lips. "you write things you wanna forget on cigarettes," he explained, smoke pouring from his pouty lips. "and you write things you wanna live by on your skin."

"that's why the tattoos, then?" hoseok asked before he could stop himself. yoongi chuckled lowly, the raspy voice now confirming that he smoked. the blueberry headed boy nodded, tracing his tattoos with a fingertip.

"these are all quotes," he said quietly, taking a long drag on his cigarette and seeming to close in on himself, legs huddled up to his chest. "i see you've got no ink or metal... you gotta reason?"

"afraid of needles." hoseok answered simply, revelling in the taste of nicotine and blowing out a cloud of smoke, fingernails tapping on the counter. yoongi grinned somewhat darkly.

"ah, a luxury we can't all have," he barked out a laugh. "i've got the opposite, cherry boy. i'm addicted to the click of a piercing gun, the dull hum of the tattoo needle, the piercing of my skin," yoongi spoke almost in prose, rose lips and velvet tongue forming words that hoseok couldn't get enough of. "i've got twenty quotes, ten piercings, and seven other tattoos. to add up to the amount of times i slashed my arm at fifteen."

hoseok wasn't sure why yoongi was spilling secrets to him. perhaps it was because they weren't so close, so yoongi didn't have to care about judgement from the pawn shop boy. hoseok nodded carefully, listening to yoongi's lazy, slurred daegu accent.

"wanna tell me some of those quotes, honey boy?" hoseok asked, dragging on the cigarette and watching as yoongi's eyes flitted down his arm, lazily smiling at the nickname.

"well..." he yawned, running that velvet tongue over his lip again. "'i think it would be great to have written one of those songs. i bet if i wrote one of them, i would feel very proud. i hope the people who wrote those songs are happy. i hope that they feel that it's enough, i really do, because they've made me happy. and i'm just one person". that's stephen chbosky."

"you wanna write songs?" hoseok smiled, stubbing out his cigarette and humming along to medicine. yoongi nodded, bringing the cigarette to his lips, slim fingers with black nails grasping onto the stick, which hoseok could now see had parents scrawled across it.

"i do write songs, cherry boy," he responded. "i just never release them," he crushed the cig underfoot and picked up the remains, running a hand through his hair. "another quote here is from my friend namjoon: "our future is not what's coming, but what is happening to us right now". he believes that whatever we do will always pay off in the end. that we build our own future with our actions."

"woah," hoseok sounded impressed, his rosy lips breaking into a heart shaped grin. "those tattoos... they're gorgeous, yoongi."

yoongi smiled, his lips forming a sweet gummy smile that made hoseok's heart melt. he skims his nails across the tattoos on his left arm, smiling, cheeks rosy and eyes not quite reaching hoseok's. he seemed flustered, and hoseok adored it.

i have a lot of quotes that mean a lot to me so yoongi is kinda based off of what i wanna be like later in my life. my first tattoo is gonna be a stephen chbosky or a john green quote ♡

this is hella soft n idk if any of u guys want a part 2 gimme some ideas and i'll try to do something!!

i love you all ♡

- jace