The Child of Life

Start from the beginning

Keith wiggled his hand under Lance's, bringing their fingertips together, then intertwining. Other than the dried blood and dirt, Keith's face was clear and he breathed normally.

Lance stared in disbelief, "Please tell me this isn't a dream."

Keith chuckled and pulled Lance's head down with both hands to kiss him. Lance wrapped his arms around Keith's neck as he was pulled to the ground. The two lied in the cold mud as they embraced. Their tears mixed as they laughed in relief. Keith opened his eyes to look over Lance's shoulder. Lance sat up, climbing off his stomach. Shiro pulled Keith up into a hug, patting his back. Coran placed a hand on his shoulder and Keith gave him a smile and a nod.

Breaking off the hug, Keith jumped back to Lance, knocking him down. He laughed and nuzzled their cheeks together. He pulled back and held his face in his hands. A wide smile spread across his face and his eyes sparkled, "I can touch you." He roughly brushed Lance's hair off his cheeks, "I can touch you!"

Shiro laughed at the crazy scene, "Alright, no fucking in the mud! Let's go home."

In the backseat of the car, Keith and Lance spent the entire ride making out or happily nuzzling their cheeks together. When they got to Shiro's house, everyone got cleaned up. Keith refused to let go of Lance as he ate, so they curled up on the couch. After every bite of his sandwich, Keith would rub his nose into Lance's head. Lance would let him do it as he rested his ear on his chest, listening to Keith's strong breathing. Shiro decided to stay at Coran's house that night, leaving the two boys alone.

Lance's fingertips grazed over Keith's unblemished shoulder. Lance fell in love with Keith's jet black silken hair that licked his neck. With his pure skin that glowed in the starlight. With his unique eyes that held all of his bottled-up emotions. Keith ran his hands over Lance's bare chest, raising them to thread into his brown hair. Every heated kiss they shared generated a spark of energy that ran through their veins. It gave them endurance and strength. It restored their stamina and healed their wounds.

A chill shook Lance's spine as Keith's hand stroked his back and thighs. Keith's teeth nipped at the nape of his neck as Lance cried out. Their bodies linked together perfectly, each one made specifically for the other. Soulmates. That's what Keith taught him. The Son of Death and the Child of Life. Yin and Yang.

Keith was gentle with him. Lance had never been with anyone. It wasn't possible before. Lance was treated like a precious jewel. Keith's biceps stuck out, bracing the back of Lance's knees as he bounced. Lance's nails cut into his back as moans and wet sounds filled the moonlight. It was the longest, most mind-blowing night of their lives.

Sunlight kissed Lance's sleepy eyes, waking him from his gentle sleep. The sheets next to him were empty, bringing slight confusion to his cloudy head. He snatched Keith's oversized sweater from the carpet and searched the house. An amused smile tickled his face when he stopped in the kitchen, locating his partner with crossed arms.

Keith sat in the dull grass, basking in the sun like a cat. His shiny black hair was up in an attractive ponytail and his face was relaxed, eyes closed and lips slightly parted. Lance pulled open the sliding glass door and joined him on the ground, pulling the sweater under him as he sat down. Keith welcomed him with a kiss on his temple and an arm around his waist. Lance rested his head on Keith's shoulder and shut his eyes.

"How do you feel?" Keith nuzzled his cheek into Lance's hair.

A smile warmed his cheeks, "Like I died and went to heaven."