The Beautiful Dark Blue

Keith shivered at the feeling of Lance's hands stroking his thighs. He held a hand over his mouth to stifle his voice as he watched the seductive gaze of the dusty blue eyes scan his body. Keith was lying on his back, sinking into his sheets. And Lance was crawling up his legs with a playful smirk painted on his face.

Lance's skin was sparkling in the moonlight and his hair shone with a mystic teal. He shot a wink up at Keith and leaned down to kiss his abdomen. His hair tickled Keith's pale skin as he climbed up his abs with his petite tongue. With an adorable giggle, Lance's lips brushed his chin as he hovered centimeters from his face.

Keith removed his hand from his mouth to brush Lance's hair from his face. His fingers tucked a few strands behind his ear, bringing a slight blush to Lance's cheeks. Holding his head with both hands, Keith let their mouths lust for each other, hardly touching. Lance's breath tickled his nose and his crystal eyes hypnotized him. The tempting action brought out his instincts and threw away any lasting rationality. He wanted Lance. He wanted Lance. He slid his thumb over his bottom lip and pulled it down seductively. The two of them finally gave in with a few pants and closed the distance between them with a passionate kiss.

"Keith!" Shiro slammed a heavy bag onto the bed beside Keith, waking him from his sexy dream.

Keith jumped up with the sudden wake-up call, holding a hand on his chest and shooting a hateful glare at his brother. "Shiro, I swear to god, I'm gonna fucking kill you."

His hands were occupied with packing more things into the duffel bag. He smirked with a raised eyebrow, "Did I interrupt something?"

The blankets flapped as they were thrown off and Keith stood up. He punched Shiro's arm as he stomped past, "Fucker."

Shiro just laughed and continued his task, muttering joking comments under his breath.

Keith ran his fingers through his hair as he inspected his face in the bathroom mirror. Sweat covered his bare chest and neck, and his face was red and flustered. His fists gripped the sides of the sink as he hung his head. What the fuck was that? After a few breaths, he turned on the faucet and lowered his chest to splash his face with cold water.

Everyone involved with Lance's custody had to plan out what to do next. Coran and Shiro talked at a small table next to the kitchen, Lance was sitting on the counter with his head resting on one of his knees, and Keith was leaning against the bar trying his hardest not to stare. Every time his eyes wandered over to Lance, the dream replayed in his mind. Keith hadn't really thought about what he felt for Lance. It wasn't a big deal to him, just a little crush. During their talk a few days prior, it was disclosed that they both were attracted to each other. The only problem was Lance's situation. Keith still wasn't convinced, but just dealt with the rules-as unfair as he felt they were.

"Well, if we are together then it's more likely for Lance to be traced." Coran's voice was threaded with concern, but still held all its power.

Shiro rubbed the back of his neck, "But if we aren't all together, then he could be taken or killed a lot easier."

Keith leaned his head down onto an elbow and cocked one leg, "I'm not exactly incompetent."

Coran and Shiro both looked to Keith with curious gazes.

"And I mean," he lifted his head back up, "we don't have to be too far from each other. Just close enough to come when someone is needed."

The two fell silent as they averted their eyes, thinking over Keith's words. Everyone stayed still, waiting for an answer to finally arrive. In the end, Lance spoke up.

"Keith's right." He locked eyes with him," It's the safest option."

Keith took a frustrated breath and rubbed his face, "We know that." He maneuvered his way around the black countertop to find a place across from Lance. He propped his back against it and set his feet on the floor between Lance's legs. Locking eyes, he explained, "We are deciding who's gonna take you."

Lance mouthed an 'oh' and let his gaze fall. "Well," he hesitated, "I want to be with Keith."

Keith blushed lightly, but smirked and leaned towards him, "Well, Princess, it doesn't really work like-"

"Sounds good." Shiro stood up and gathered his things.

Keith raised his hand in confusion, "What? Why?"

"You're the hard work," Coran added, "It's your job to keep people from dying."

"Yeah," Keith whined with a hand on his chest, "myself!"

Shiro picked up his black briefcase and carefully directed it around the chair as he left, "Complain all you want, but he's yours now."

Keith leaned back against the counter and crossed his arms. He kept a nonverbal conversation with Lance through their eyes. Their staring lasted for a while after Coran and Shiro had left the house. They would be staying in two separate safe houses, keeping an eye on their communications. Keith and Lance would stay at Keith's safe house until they felt the need to leave. Keith's apartment was on the larger side- with a kitchen plus dining area on the right side, a bedroom on the left, and a living room area in the middle.

Keith took a long breath, then opened his mouth, "You are aware that people want to kill us, right?"

Lance kept his smug expression as he dropped his leg down, "People have wanted to kill me since I was five years old. This is nothing-"

Lance paused his sentence as Keith placed his hands on the counter beside his hips. He leaned close to his face and stared in his eyes. "-new," Lance finished.

Keith wanted to kiss him. He wanted to rip his shirt off and pin him to the wall. To throw him onto his bed and fuck him senseless. He looked down to Lance's slightly parted lips then back at his eyes. He would've kissed him if he hadn't been stopped by Lance's soft hand on his mouth.

Lance held both of his hands over Keith's mouth. With a shaky whisper he pleaded, "That's not a good idea."

Keith pulled his head away from Lance's hands. "Why?" His voice was stern and lustful.

Lance dropped one hand and let the fingertips of the other graze over Keith's lips. His dark blue eyes stared at them with a pained frown, "You would die."

Keith was getting pissed off. Not only was he forced to watch over some crazy guy, he also couldn't get himself off. Watching over a stunningly beautiful person without being able to touch them was wearing down on Keith's mind. He gritted his teeth and stood up with a shove to the counter. "Suit yourself." He turned to walk into the living room.

Lance huffed and rolled his eyes as he jumped down from the counter, "Keith!" He refused to look back as Lance chased after him. He finally decided to grab his arm and spin him around, "Would you just look at me?!"

Keith chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, "Look, I get it. I'm not gonna do anything."

Lance furrowed his eyebrows and dropped his arms to his side in annoyance, "Are you fucking kidding me? You're being dramatic."

Keith backed away with arms raised sarcastically, "If you don't want to sleep with me, that's fine. I'm not gonna force you."

Lance stepped forward and yanked his arm down to hold his hip. Keith was surprised, but he accepted the action and brought his other hand down to grasp Lance's hips, pulling them towards his own.

Lance inched his way forward and rested his forehead against Keith's chest. His hand tugged on his black shirt, "It's not that." His voice tightened in frustration, "Of course I want to sleep with you."

Keith rolled his eyes with a sigh, "Then what is it? You're fucking magic curse?"

Lance's fist tightened around the fabric. His voice was just as annoyed as it was hurt, "I know you don't believe me, but I'm just asking you to trust me until you do."

"If I ever do."

"Sure, whatever." Lance pulled back and let go of him. He looked like he was going to turn and leave, but he stopped and placed a hand over Keith's mouth. He hesitantly lowered his lips to the back of his hand, kissing it gently. He pulled away and removed his hand, "It's just not that."