Chapter 42: Xavier

Olivia.

That was her name; our daughter's name. She was so beautiful, she looked like a mixture of Briannah and I. Dark brown curly hair and long eye lashes. She stayed awake long enough for me to see her hazel eyes. She held my finger. I fell in love just that quick seeing her, seeing our baby.

5:18 PM

That was her time of death, she stayed awake for an hour. I think she was waiting for Bri to wake up, to see her mommy. Briannah probably would of fell in love like I did. She only made it to 33 weeks pregnant before this horrific accident.

I wondered who she would have been more like me or Bri? Would she be tall like me? Bold like Bri? Would she have been a daddy's girl? Some questions I would never get answered because her time was cut short. This all felt like dream.

Flashback

When I found Aubri at the bottom of the stairs laying on her stomach; She was unconscious. I didn't know what happened; she was breathing, but it was really shallow. I was calling the ambulance; while trying to wake her up, get her to open her eyes. I had to perform CPR until the EMT got there. I was worried about them both. My Aubri and my Olivia.

I wasn't allowed to go with them in the back. So I took the chance to call both our parents. My mom was on Vacation, she said she would catch the first flight back home. Aubri parents was on the way, her mom had to make sure her other children had someone to watch them and they would be on the way.

I was nervously pacing the floor, going crazy, because no one had told me what was going on. I didn't know what was going on until her doctor had me follow her to the back, where I saw our baby. She was so small at only 3 and a half pounds. She could fit in the palm of my hand. She was laying in the incubator, so small, so innocent.

I saw her one last time before she went blue in the face. The doctors rushed in and put me out. I should have know something was wrong, because after they took Olivia. Bri heart beat started slowing down, at least that's what the doctor said.

"What's going on? BRIANNAH? What wrong with her?"

"Sir, we will let you know." A nurse said.

"Can you tell me anything?"

"Please sir as soon as we know anything. You will be the first to know." The door was closed in my face. I was stared in the small window.

"Doctor her heart is slowing." They were giving her CPR. It was breaking my heart.

"Charging, everybody stand clear. Clear." I saw as the she was shocked three times. I exhaled and someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, are you a Mr. Carson." It was one of the nurses that took Olivia away.

"Yes."

"Come with me sir." I didn't want to leave Bri but I had see what was up with Liv. I followed her into a room. It just had a desk and two chairs.

"What's going in?"

"The doctor will be here soon." As she said that a man in a lab coat entered.

"Have a seat."

"Where's Olivia? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry, but she didn't make it. We tried to resuscitate her. I'm sorry for your lost."

"W...what happened? She was just awake. I saw her eyes."

"Her lung weren't fully matured. They weren't working like they should have."

"Is it okay if I can be alone right now."

"Sure and again. I'm sorry." I nodded and they left. This isn't fair. Once things turn good, this happens. I thought for once every thing was okay for me. It was starting to look up.

I finally got myself together and went back to the waiting room to tell everyone about Liv. I'm pretty sure I was in that room for almost an hour.

"Xavier, what's going on?" Bri's mom rushed over to me.

"She had her. We named her Olivia." I felt like I was in a trans.

"Awe, when can we see her." My mom said.

"She died an hour after she was born, her lungs weren't mature enough."

"Oh my God, Xavier..." My mom pulled me into a hug.

"She was so pretty. She look just like me and Bri. She even had hazel eyes."

"After they took Olivia. Bri's breathing slowed." I sat in the chair and held my hand over my face.

"Is she okay?" Her dad asked.

"What's wrong with Aubri?" Her mom said.

"I don't know, they won't tell me anything."  Everybody silence.

Two Hours Later

"Are you the family of Aubriannah Carson?" I looked up and a nurse was looking at us.

"Yes." I said and stood up.

"She's stable. We had to hook her up to a defibrillator. We're letting one person see her tonight. The rest have to wait to see her tomorrow."

"You go Xavier." Her mom said.

"No, I can wait, you guys are her parents. One of you can go."

"It's fine, you can go see her and it won't be right if only one of us goes and not the other. She probably wants to see you more than us anyways." She answered back.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. We'll see her tomorrow. Right babe?"

"Yes, beside we have to check on our other kids anyways." Her dad said.

"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll bring you some clothes son." My mom said.

"Okay, goodnight guys."

"Night hun." Her mom said as she left.

"Night." Her dad followed.

"Night sweet heart." My mom hugged me one last time and then left.

I left to Bri's room. She was still lights out. I walked over to her bed and grabbed her hand. She was cold, I hated seeing her like this. Not smiling, instead in a hospital bed. I love this girl like crazy.

I noticed her phone light up on the side table. It was a private number. I decided to pick up, it may have been one of her friends. I could tell them what was going on with her. She needed as much support as she could be after such a lost.

"Hello."
_________________________________________
A/N: Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!!!! 💋💋💋