Chapter 7: Aubri

After getting home from the beach with Xavier, I was feeling good, because for once I felt important to someone.

I looked my phone and still see Ash hasn't text or called me yet and it was nine o'clock. Why am I even surprise.

"Aubri? That's you?" My momma said.

"Yes."

"Girl, do you have any idea what time it is? Where have you been and why did your teacher say you didn't show back up after lunch? Huh?" She said.

"Well me and Ash got in an argument and I left, I just wanted some alone time. I knew I wouldn't be very productive if I stayed in school." I said.

"Aubri, you can't just let a guy keep you from doing you boo. What happens if he make you mad again, you just gone keep skipping school.  The only thing you can keep doing is keep your head held high and keep it moving. Show him by your actions he can't run your life." She said.

"You're right momma." I said.

"Now I gotta call yo daddy and tell him to bring his ass home. I was about to give you until 10 o'clock, then I was just going to lock you out. You wanna run the streets, you can stay in the streets." She said.

"...Ace, bring your sexy white chocolate ass home." She said through the phone.  I could only hear her side of the conversation.

"...She's finally home, I TOLD you she would come home, she deflee not bout that street life."

"... I'm not yelling and you need to take that tone out your voice, before I deflee hang up." She said.

"...What you fail to realize is you not my daddy, maybe my zaddy, but not my daddy."

"...You ain't gone do shhiiiitttt." She clapped out every syllable.

"...Catch me outside how bout dat."

"...Bye Ace." She hung up.

And with that being said, I decided that I was going to my room. While in my way to my room my mom called out to me.

"Aye yah, Aubri the next time you skip school and don't let your father or I know, I'm deflee whipping your ass." She said.

"But momma." I said.

"But momma, nothing. You're dismissed." She said and I went upstairs.

Baby Bri 😍: Hope you made it home and your mom is okay.

After a while he didn't reply back. He must be busy.

Baby Bri 😍: Good night Xav! 😘

"What was all that shit you was talking then you hung up on me." My dad's home.

"Ace, I was playing. A little jokey joke." My momma said.