Chapter 22: Xavier

Me and Bri scrambling to find our clothes after my mom knocked on the door.

"Xavier open the door. What are you doing?" She said while jiggling the door knob.

"Nothing mom, just studying." I said pulling my pants on.

"You don't need to lock your door if you are studying and why is it taking so long to open the door." She said.

"I'm coming. It was just a good chapter." I said and looked over at Bri who was now fully dressed.

"Okay, I'm good." She whispered. I opened the door and my mom looked around suspiciously until she saw Briannah.

We was sitting on the bed with some off my school books open. So my mom would believe we were actually studying.

"Oh my gosh, how are you sweetheart?" She asked Bri.

"I'm good. How are you Mrs. Carson?" She said back.

"Mrs. Carson makes me feel old, call me Julie." My mom said, hugging Bri.

"Okay, Julie."

"You and my son must have been sitting close because you smell just like him." She said, looking at us both.

"Yeah, we were." I said, and winked at her. She just mouthed stop and rolled her eyes.

"Aubri, would you like to join us for lunch?" My mom asked Briannah

"Sure, why not." Bri said.

"Yeah, we worked up an appetite because all that studying." I said. That comment flew over my mom's head but Bri got it.

"Well come on let's have lunch." She said and left out the door. I held on to Bri hand and pulled her close to me, kissing her.

 I held on to Bri hand and pulled her close to me, kissing her

We left downstairs and my mom had food on the table.

"Wash your hands and help me set the table." She said.

After setting the table we sat and ate making small conversation.

"You guys are goals, did you put a lock on that, Xavier." My mom said.