Canada/Matthew Williams (Hetalia)

Начните с самого начала

You started laughing at the mixed up words and waved it off quickly. Thanking him for the compliment, you bit back a lot of things you wanted to say instead. All of them about the mistakes you had made in the program. Sometimes it's better to accept the compliment. Just accept it.

"Sorry...." he said gloomily. He felt like he should go and look up if his college was giving lessons on how to flirt. They probably did. But what was wrong with him. Usually he didn't bumble so much, especially taken that the only reasons why he was in the college were to play hockey and pick up girls. Or boys. Just people in general.

"I'm Y/n," you extended your hand. "And you don't have to say sorry so much."

"Sorry," he said again but then realised it. It got him smiling sheepishly and he took your hand. "Mattie. Matthew, that is, but you can call me Mattie."

"Okie dokie," you flashed a quick grin. "Nice to meet you, Mattie."

"So. What are you practising for?" Mattie was leaning on the edge of the rink, crouching a bit to get on your eye level. Okay, actually a lot, but I didn't wanna make you feel like a midget. He was just a little too tall.

"There's this competition coming in uh...four months," you tried to sound indifferent, as if you hadn't been reading days towards the fated day. You even had drawn lots of red circles around the correct day in your calendar.

"Are you busy or..." he stopped for a second, awkward about what he was going to ask. "Or can you show me how you did that-"

"MATTIE!!" Your head whipped towards the booming voice at the exit, while Mattie just sighed. He was already used to his brother barging it absolutely everywhere.

Alfred nearly ran down the stairs, only stopping to give a big hug to Mattie. You guessed they were brothers, because both of them had the same dirty blond hair, although Mattie's was longer (he actually reminded you a bit of Kurt Cobain) and the two of them were wearing glasses and had practically the same face.

"Hi," Mattie said, smiling a little at his brother. "Y/n, this is Alfred, Alfred this is Y/n."

"Hi," you smiled, but only a little. You really didn't feel comfortable around people so loud and just....noticeable. The people whose presence seemed to fill out an entire room.

"Hello there," Alfred winked to you, his one arm still over Mattie's shoulders. "And why is someone as gorgeous as you here with my brother?" You almost rolled your eyes at the flirting. Almost.

"We just happened to meet," you said quickly, hoping these two would go away. Well, you would have liked to talk to Mattie again, but after two minutes, his brother was giving you a tremendous headache.

"Oh? So you're not his girlfriend or anything?"

"Leave it Al," Mattie was dragging his brother away. "Lets go now, dads're waiting." But Al didn't move yet.

"If you're not busy..." Al considered it for a second what to say next, but you were faster.

"Actually I kind of am, so.." your eyes screamed at them to leave at once.

"See, lets go now," Mattie tried again. "You don't want Arthur to have another fit, do ya?"

"No..." Alfred finally resigned and let himself be dragged away.

"Bye," you called after them, pleased to be alone again. Being alone is awesome. Just ask from any hermits around the area. But be careful, they have a bad habit of biting when provoked. No wait, these were termites. Nevermind.

You practiced until Mayu came down to throw you out because it was so late. Why should skating rinks be closed down so early? You secretly wished for one that was opened 25 hours a day. Too bad it can't be done.