Hiruma Yoichi (Eyeshield 21)

GreenR: hiiiiii!!!! I'm sort of back now. I'd like to apologize to all the people, who have requested stories and have gotten schmek so far. I have been a bit busy, but I promise I'm constantly working on them.

For an example, this one here. For the love of all that is holy, I can't remember who requested this story, but I can promise you that I hacked the personality of Hiruma up real well and served it with fried mushrooms. I guess I have been writing One Piece stuff so long I'm having some trouble adapting.

But don't take it as whining, please. I love a good challenge. And this one here was one. Thanks for requesting it and I hope you'll enjoy reading it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was covered in stars that shone back from the dark blue canvas like a garden of shining diamond roses. The garden of stars. You gave a small chuckle at that thought, as it sounded like a title of a very crappy and poetic romance novel, something about knights in shining armor and middle-age France. Something, that has those weird sex scenes that lonely older-than-40 find attractive. You know which ones I'm talking about right now.

You snuggled deeper into your duvet and pulled its cuddly and soft sides almost up to your ears to protect them from the chilly night air. Your toes already felt nothing, as they were frozen solid and later, when you would go back inside, the warmth would make them feel like someone was poking them with needles as they would slowly warm up again. You wished you had worn socks for the evening, because although that pain was relatively small and you didn't mind it, it was always better to skip absolutely anything even remotely painful.

Sitting outside in the middle of the night, looking up to the sky, was your idea of a vacation from the university. You didn't really have any time or money to go somewhere more traditionally vacation-y. Like at least fifty kilometres from your dorm. That would have been the top vacation of all time.

Instead of that you had to be, and were, content with sitting on the roof of the dorm building and looking at the stars before going back inside and sleeping for whole night for once in many, many weeks. Then you would crack the books open and start cramming for the next test, no matter that the exams had just ended. Welcome to the lovely life of an university student, by the end of it you will have a degree (that isn't very useful in real life), no money and an anxiety. Yay!

The door leading up to the roof creaked, letting you know that someone was coming up there. You shifted on the old couch you were laying on, so you couldn't be seen from the newcomers perspective right away, as they were talking with their phone and you didn't want them to think that someone was listening in on them. Which you kind of were, for a moment, but people like to live in their delusions.

It calmed you a bit when you saw that there was no need to feel awkward about listening in, as you couldn't really understand a word of what they were saying. By the sound of it, the voice was saying something on a breakneck speed in Japanese, that was all you could pick up with senses honed for years by watching anime. Sadly, watching anime hadn't been an actual language course.

You wiggled your toes to get some life back into them and looked back up in the sky. You were  hoping to see a falling star one night, especially now when it was the season for them. You had always wondered how the falling stars knew what season it was, until your acquaintance, who majored in physics, told exacty what was going on with the ginormous gas balls in the sky. She also told you that falling stars weren't really stars and didn't grant wishes, so you instantly forgot everything she told you. Ain't nobody got time for non-believers.

The person had put their phone away and walked towards the edge of the roof, thus coming straight towards you, until they stopped right next to your feet that were hanging over the back of the couch. They looked down at you and you wiggled your fingers up to them in a greeting. You were slightly baffled by the mass of hair on the person's head. You couldn't really tell what colour it was, but by the looks of it, this guy was a big fan of hair gel and Dragon Ball's Goku.