Nine | Fractured

>Nine | Fractured<

Izuku awoke in the light of the infirmary, his arms still bruised and his head pounding. He cannot see those beside him but he can hear a faded voice from afar. He can't move, it feels so painful like all the energy had been drawn from him and he knew the reason why. He startled Recovery Girl when his fingers twitched and she went by his side, only for him to fall asleep once more. His energy diminished once more and slumber came faster.

The second time he awoken, things were less disoriented, his eyes could finally open and the crippling feeling of his numbed body felt a lot lighter in comparison to its other form. He can move a lot more of his body and it felt like hours passed even though it was probably less than that. With Recovery Girl's Quirk, it'd be a surprise if he were here a little longer than what is needed. Izuku shuffled from his resting position and shifted his body to sit down in a more comfortable position, eyes drowsy despite his long nap and his chest and arms heavy from the weight of his anxiety.

"Ah, you're finally awake." Recovery Girl had started and Izuku flinched at her loudness, the ringing in his ears still as prominent as ever. Finally, his eyes glanced over to the room to find the source of the voice and there by his side is All Might, in his much frailer form that it makes Izuku tingle just a little more. "He was waiting for you to wake up for a while now."

Izuku's thoughts went a mile a minute, his heart pounded in his head and the hormones in his bloodstream were psychedelic, making him feel as though everything around him was becoming warmed and distorted. His breathing was heavier and his hands were shaking and he would say it was due to the fear of being caught on cameras trying to kill one of his bullies live in front of so many other kids without thinking of the sanctions that come after but there's one thing he found a little off.

Why wasn't he in his more bulky form?

The transformation period isn't so long and he assumed that the man still had some training to stop him such a pathetic form but that was too much. Did he run out of time so quickly? Or the fact Izuku knew who he was and so it was easier to kill two birds without needing to waste an extra stone?

"Izuku." He belted, he was so loud despite the fact that he was in his skinnier form.

Izuku's breath hitched and his head turned painfully to Toshinori. He expected the worst and his body tensed around the man, he's going to jail- which wasn't the main problem, the problem was that he'd never get to kill All Might and it made him feel so mad.

"Are you feeling alright?" Toshinori asked and Izuku held back the want to gag, the bile in his throats as pungent as ever and the smell of fear reeked off him, he doesn't know what to expect, there's a saying that there's a calm before the storm but this felt so off, like the forecast of the weather had been incorrectly been said.

This frail carcass wouldn't have been here if it wasn't helped. So Izuku could only assume that meant that he has yet to be suspected but the man's posture was confusing, not tense and ready to attack, it was extremely relaxed- or as relaxing as it could be for a pro-hero sitting down next to a villain.

Izuku blinked. Once, then twice before scrunching up his face and staring at the man right in his eyes. "I'm fine. Just rattled." He answered honestly, because he doesn't know what to take of the situation, the damaged blonde doesn't seem to have any way of giving away how he felt but Izuku was surprised when the man had gotten up and bowed at him- nothing compared to Tenya's robotic behaviour but low enough to show the sincerity he felt.