One | There's No Such Thing As A Dream Come True

>One | There's No Such Thing As A Dream Come True<

Midoriya Izuku, also known as Deku, was aspiring to become a hero. He had more determination then most other children his age and he also had a dream to save people for the greater good, but unfortunately the world wasn't as determined or full of dreams as the young child.

The world was bleak, dark and hopeless, that was a fact and it applies to everyone, Midoriya just so happened to be caught up in the hurricane of depression as it envelopes him tightly and engulfs his quirk. So from the beginning the world was planning the upsetting downfall of Midoriya whilst laughing smugly.

His doctor was the first to tell him he was quirkless but Midoriya didn't listen, he only froze on the high chair as he dropped his toy of All Might, the hero he admired so greatly, despite the fall the toy took, it still smiled which reminded him he still needs to smile as that's what the heroes do.

His mother was the second to crush his dreams, she told Midoriya, as he was watching the video of his beloved hero, she had demolished his dreams slowly through the following three words, "I'm sorry Izuku."

This is not what Midoriya wanted to hear though, he wanted words of encouragement, of passion, and so he ignored his mother too and continued his path on becoming a hero. He saw a smile on All Might's face in the video and believed it was his duty to continue to smile as an aspiring hero. Yes, smile.

His teacher and fellow classmates also shot his idea down, especially Bakugou Katsuki, his friend, or rather, his bully and tormenter. Katsuki burnt everything in his pathway, like Midoriya's notebooks and tossed his backpack outside the window, he spat words such as quirkless and useless to Midoriya but once again was ignored by Midoriya, that's not what he wanted to hear. He wanted praises and encouragement.

Lastly, there was All Might, the one who he admired, he believed in, he trusted in, Midoriya smiled as he asked for signatures (which was already in his notepad) and for a handshake. The man soon turned into a frail and skinny figure, choking out crimson coloured splatters as he hunched over, this slightly frightened Midoriya but it also showed him that even the Beacon of Peace could be weak too.

This is his chance, to hear the words he always wanted to hear, "can a quirkless person like me ever become like you?" Asked Midoriya, he received a backstory instead of an answer, the backstory consisted of his struggle for holding onto a mighty stature and Midoriya honestly thought that it would lead up to him being encouraged. Poor, young, little, childish and naïve Midoriya and then the words finally got through:

"I cannot say 'you can be a hero without powers'." Said All Might.

No. No, no, no. That's not what he wanted to hear. Why was it always no? Why was it can't, don't, stop and always no? Why wasn't it yes instead or of course you can? This is because the world, despite it being a beauty and bring upsides to the humans, it also has its downside which happened to bring Midoriya down from his pedestal of hope and reduce him into dust.

He went straight home afterwards, taking a longer route to clear his mind and saw that a villain was engulfing some kid but he decided to ignore it, he just couldn't bring himself to do some research on a depressing day. His backpack was opened widely and one of his notebooks full of research fell out, toppling down onto the ground which he didn't seem to notice.

After stumbling into his home, he was greeted by his mother who was cooking, he replied accordingly and went to his room. He opened up his notepad and saw there was one more blank page inside. Midoriya wanted to fill the emptiness and the void, it reminded him of himself too much and was sickening.

"What do I write about?" He said aloud to no one in particular as he nibbled the nail of his thumb in wonder. His mind brought him to the memory of All Might and his tragic backstory of the wound on his chest, that what want he wanted to write about in his notepad. All Might's weakness.

So Midoriya did, he wrote nonstop of the horrid and tragic story along with the wound and burden that All Might carries with his power, though his words were quite bias when describing him. He used terms he'd never associate with the hero, such as disgusting, unreal and fake. Why after all these years did he decided to stop smile at him?

"His words completely baffled me," said Midoriya to himself in an upsetting tone, "his actions however demonstrated that you shouldn't always listen to the laughs of a hero, they'll never completely be true."

His eyes wondered to the computer to the side of the room, usually he'd watch an All Might documentary, but now he had been free from the chains of lies and sins and so he can finally do something which was worth living for.

'Quirkless' is what Midoriya wrote on the search bar, he got recommended jobs which didn't involve a quirk and many useless things but there weren't really anything there to give him an idea, desperately he went to the last page of the search engine and saw two small words in the description which made the cogs in his clever mind finally turn and twist. They were in two separate paragraphs and despite the size of the text, Midoriya laid his eyes across it as soon as the page loaded:

Villainy and self-enhancement.

It was perfect, Midoriya smiled to himself softly, "if no one wants me to be a hero, then why more become a villain?"

Midoriya was a smart boy. That sentence is an understatement in itself. He had tried to make up his lack of a quirk and gain knowledge instead, to become smarter and get into U.A. The top hero school in the whole of his nation.

"I can do much more." He said getting up with a smile across his face. There's always this one thing that will stick with him forever and that is to always smile. Just like his All Might toy taught him. Smile.

<One | There's No Such Thing As A Dream Come True>