Theora sat in the tv room with Yaiyai waiting for Nicholas to get ready. Misha hadn't gone home yet also waiting for them to leave so she and Roberto could leave as well.

"Miranda can you bring me some paracetamol?" Shouted Yaiyai

"Why do you need paracetamol Yaiyai? Are you sick?" Asked Theora

"No dear just a headache" Yaiyai said as Misha came in with a glass of water and the pills on a small tray.

"Everyone ready to leave?" Nicholas said coming into the room

"Ah" Yaiyai suddenly held her head in her hand

"Yaiyai what happened? Shall we take you to the doctor?" Theora placed a hand on Yaiyai's shoulder worried something was terribly wrong with her.

"No it's just a headache. I feel if I rest for a bit I'll be fine"

"Well then I'll take you to your room. After a while if you still don't feel well Nicholas and I will take you to the doctor"

"Theora is right, Yaiyai"

"Now you two have already gotten all dressed up. I would hate for you to stay because of me go it's just a headache nothing a little rest can't fix"

"We can't leave you alone like this Yaiyai"

"I won't be alone. Mona could stay with me"

"Mona?" said Nicholas confused who this Mona was

"She means Misha" explained Theora

"Yes Misha. You'll stay with me while Theora and Nicholas go out for dinner won't you dear?"

"Of course Madam." Misha agreed "You two go I'll take care of her"

"All settled. Go now you have to reach on time the reservation is for seven it's already six thirty"

"You sure you'll be fine"

"I will now go!"

At Yaiyai's insistence both went to the restaurant without her but not before Theora made her promise she'd call her if anything came up.

The restaurant Chez Mon Ami was a very popular French restaurant and how Yaiyai managed to get reservations at such short notice was a mystery to Theora. It was situated at the illustrious town square and was a major tourist attraction. The maître de took Theora and Nicholas to their table which happened to be a table for two.

"I think it's safe to say your Yaiyai didn't actually have a headache"

"I knew it when she asked for the paracetamol"

"She suspects something doesn't she?"

"Today she confronted me on why I act indifferent towards you"

"What?! What did you tell her"

"Denied it and told her nothing was wrong but she didn't believe me gave me a warning and set all this up"

"So what now?"

Just then the waiter came up to ask for their orders. Theora didn't talk much after that and both ate their food in silence once it arrived.

Outside while they waited for the valet to bring their car, Theora sat on the ledge of a fountain near the front entrance of the restaurant. Countless pennies were scattered on the floor of the fountain some were new and shining in the moonlight while most had turned brown and were barely visible in the dark. How many wishes must of gone unheard and how many must have come true thought Theora.

"Penny for your thoughts" Nicholas said holding out a penny for Theora. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice him come up to her. She took the coin from him holding it tightly in her hand.

"The valet said the car will be by in a minute or two" Nicholas sat down on the ledge next to her.

"In the restaurant you asked me what do we do now"

"Yeah we need a plan to convince your Yaiyai everything is alright between us"

"Well if we plan on separating anyway then what's the point"

Nicholas felt like someone stabbed him in the heart at that very moment he realised he didn't want to go on without Theora but also felt helpless to stop her.

"I think it's best we go home and tell her the truth" Theora went on playing with the coin in her hand.

"The car is here" Theora said getting up placing the coin on the ledge. Nicholas looked down at the coin picking it up he silently wished for Theora's happiness whether it be with him or without him and slipped the coin into the water before getting up with a heavy heart.

The car ride back home was a silent one. Theora had her eyes closed trying to prepare herself for Yaiyai's rath and her parent's disappointment while Nicholas felt like the world was crumbling around him. They were about five minutes away from home when Nicholas turned left at an intersection the light was green so he didn't slow down much. Out of nowhere a flash of white came towards them blinding both.

"NICHOLAS!!" Theora screamed as Nicholas tried to turn away from the on coming truck but it was too late it rammed into the side of the car causing it to flip. Everything suddenly felt like it was going in slow motion, Theora and Nicholas swayed violently back and forth as the car turned on its side with anything that wasn't held down flying around them. The windshield shattered causing glass to go everywhere. The car then turned upside down then to its side staying there for half a second before turning upright again. The headlights of the car blinked violently and the car alarm went off. Nicholas lay slumped on the steering wheel while Theora was slouched into her seat both unconscious.