36

Theora found herself somehow in the basement parking lot of the hotel. She had been mindlessly walking around after she saw Nicholas with his secretary. She was aware of her surroundings, she could hear the thunder and feel the strong winds but ignored all of it facing the storm then went on inside of her. The tears were still flowing but she didn't have it in her to wipe them away.

"Do you wish to go somewhere miss?" Theora hadn't realised someone had walked up to her. Startled at first, she saw it was a company chauffeur.

"Take me home please" she muttered

"Are you alright Miss?" The chauffeur asked as he opened the door for her.

Theora didn't answer him just silently sat in the car. The chauffeur didn't try to talk to her again and drove her home.

Once home, Theora closed the front door and leaned against it. This was her home, her sanctuary, the place where she fell in love now it just seemed like a nest of lies. All his words flooded back to her the times he said 'I love you' or called her his world all of it was an act. Theora collapsed in the middle of the hallway. The house never felt this empty before not even when she first got married and Nichola ignored her did she fell this alone.

A knock on the front door brought Theora out of her thoughts. It was a little past ten and everyone was still probably at the party plus Nicholas had a key so he wouldn't knock. Theora wiped her tears and got up to open the door. An unknown woman stood outside, she seemed a little older than Theora and had bright platinum hair and blue eyes.

"Who.." Theora was about ask before the woman spoke up

"Who am I? We've never met but I have been here before. My name is Rachel"

Theora recognised the name immediately she was the girl Nicholas had brought home months ago.

"I was the one who called you earlier. I see you've seen the true face of your husband" Rachel said letting herself in "nothing new for Nicholas Markopolous. He changes women like people change clothes. Might add he is smart at the game be a playboy in the outside world and a dutiful husband at home"

"Why are you telling me all this?" Theora asked still rooted by the door.

"Because I felt it was my duty as a woman to tell you. After Nicholas played with my heart I knew I couldn't let him use and discard another woman like he did with me." Rachel placed a firm hand on Theora's shoulders "I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ruining your home but I felt it would be best if you knew the truth." Rachel began walking back towards the door. "I'll be going now wish you the best in life" and with that she left. Theora closed the door feeling like the whole world had collapsed around her.

Nicholas was still busy attending the guests at the party. He look around trying to find Theora but couldn't seem to see her anywhere he tried calling her but it went to voicemail each time.

"Nicholas may I have a word?" Leon came up to Nicholas while he was calling Theora. Hanging up he turned to give his father his full attention.

"I've heard you've found the person who was leaking all over confidential information to our rivals" Leon said

"Yes father" Nicholas admitted "it was Claire my secretary. I suspected it was her so I planted a few false files to check. Sure enough I got a message just as I arrived here that she had taken the bait"

"Deal with her after the party I don't want any ruckus in front of the press"

"Ive already taken care of her. She found out she had been caught red handed and tried to ask for my forgiveness in the hallway but I took her to the side and told her that not only is she fired but I'm going to have an investigation against her. I warned her if she wants to escape jail time she leave the party quietly which she did immediately" Nicholas explained