24 - The Fear Of It All

A/N: I've been going through a lot of late so...that is all i can give as for my absence. I do apologize but i'm still fitting to finish Reconditioned before March at least. its a fight; let's see what happens. Love you all for sticking in there with me and i hope you enjoy...i might be a bit rusty lol.

i might be a bit rusty lol

"How did you get up here anyway?" Kris asked as she tried to repair the water damage to her makeup.

She sat perched on the end of her bench at her vanity as Viktor came to lean on the adjacent wall. He folded his arms and with a smirk, he peered down at her.

"I snuck in." he said dubiously.
Kris slanted him a look.
"Fine, I asked your step mother to let me up. She was nice enough to though it makes me fear her judgement for taking people at face value."

Kris scoffed and went back to renewing her eye liner

"I've scolded Gwyn about being swayed by a pretty face; devils wear the best skin you know..."
"I won't take offence to that..." Viktor said sardonically.
"You know I wouldn't care either way." Her smile was too sweet to go with such venomous words.
"You wouldn't be my woman if you did."
"Speaking about 'being your woman'..." she started.

Finally pleased with her repairs, she placed her brushes back into their case, stood up and straightened her dress before turning to face him. He had to know that this conversation was going to get serious eventually because he pushed away from the wall and stood with hands in pocket looking every bit like a scolded boy.

"Why have you been giving me the stiff shoulder? I called, I texted and I worried my ass off about you; all along giving you my best version of patience. What happened? Where were you?"

Viktor didn't answer right away, but his eyes did something right before her. The way they'd shifted to something darker and troubled was not lost on Kris but it was so brief that she had to question if she had read correctly. She watched him slide his hands free of their pockets, closed what little space was left between them and slid his arms around her waist. Kris had to admit that just feeling his warm palms graze along the bare skin of her back was very distracting. She was not completely against being distracted but it was not going to get her question answered.

"Baby...I've missed you the moment you left my car; don't think I haven't. All that time away has made me certain that you are the only woman for me. But, because of work, I had to focus and neglect you until I'd gotten my tasks out of the way. However, I had no intentions of missing this night. I'm sorry I made you worry and that I couldn't answer your messages."

Shifting in his arms she tried to remember why she was so upset when Casanova here knew how to untangle her bunched up knickers...

Not to mention the ability to soak them, but its ok, we're not wearing any knickers tonight.

Little voice...it sure knew how to interject...

"Still, just what was it that you were up to that-"
"Kristen."