Don't underestimate us

Start from the beginning

Footsteps approached and I glanced up to see the tent flap open once more and in strode another man wearing golden armour. Hyperion. 

I stiffened as Hyperion walked right past me to stand in front of Kronos. "Well?" Kronos asked in a voice that sent chills down my spine. 

Hyperion took off his helmet and smiled, flashing extremely white teeth at his brother. Ugh, please don't be like Apollo. Everything about the Sun God is too bright to look at properly, and everything about Hyperion is the same. 

"The wizards have been training all day today, but their skills are no match for ours." Hyperion said, tucking his helmet under his arm. "And what of my grandson and the Athena spawn?" Kronos questioned. 

I bristled in anger at being called Athena Spawn, but I had no choice but to continue listening to the titans conversation. 

Hyperion frowned for a moment before he said slowly "Well, Jackson has been training as well. I must say, he's improved even more than he already could." "That's good. I want to see his reaction when I kill him and his little girlfriend as well." Kronos glanced at the kneeling wizards and growled "Rise, all of you, and return to your tents. Tomorrow, the war will begin." 

All of the dark wizards got to their feet and filed out of the tent until it was just Kronos and Hyperion. "It's a shame Krios failed in his task of capturing my grandson. The war would've been done already." Kronos mused as he turned and sat on a throne that I realized was there all along. 

"But it's more exciting to see the wizards even try to put up a fight." Hyperion reasoned. Kronos sighed loudly. "I suppose so, brother." His golden eyes narrowed suddenly. "This stupid war would be over sooner than we thought." 

I gasped as I shot upright in bed, sweat running down my face. I looked up and stifled a yelp as I saw Percy staring in concern at me. "Annabeth? Another nightmare?" I gritted my teeth and I flung off my covers and stood up. 

I nodded and Percy pulled me into another hug. I rested my chin on his shoulder as we sat back down on my bed. "What was it about this time?" He whispered into my ear. 

"Kronos." I muttered and I felt Percy stiffen in my arms. "He had an army of dark wizards, and he and Hyperion were talking about how easily they were going to win this war." "Bastard, he should know we're not giving up this easily." Percy growled. 

I gently touched his cheek and said soothingly "I know. He just really wants you dead." "Just like almost everyone else. He should get in line, the wait would take quite long." Percy sighed and we broke apart from our embrace. 

I glanced around and realized that everyone else in the dorm had left for breakfast. "We should go and get ready to eat. Then we suit up and meet your grandfather." Percy scowled when I mentioned Kronos but didn't say anything. Once we got dressed, we exited the dorm and left the common room. 

When we entered the Great Hall, many of the students that were eating stopped and stared as Percy and I took our seats at the Slytherin table. We ignored their stares and started to pile food onto our plates until Draco spoke. "So today's the day." He said quietly, poking at his food with a distraught expression. 

Percy paused and set down his knife and fork, looking at Draco with an unreadable expression. "Yes, today's the day. The day we fight for our home." Many of the Slytherin's had stopped whatever they were doing to listen in on the conversation. 

Draco finally glanced up, and I saw how scared he really looked. "Do you think we can actually win this war?" 

A small smile appeared at the corners of Percy's mouth and I knew he must be thinking about what I had told him yesterday when he was stressing about the war and facing his grandfather. "I don't think we can win. I know we can win." 

I smiled as well at Percy's choice of words. Muttering rose up from the Slytherin's until the muttering turned into roars and cheers of approval. I looked back and saw many of the other students at the different tables turn to stare at us. 

Percy decided to tell the other students how he felt about the war. He rose from his seat and walked calmly to the middle of the hallway, where he stood there facing the wizards. I deliberated going up there with him but I decided to remain in my seat and see what he says. 

When everyone was silent and looking up at Percy, he spoke. "I know the war is going to happening sometime today. I know you're all nervous. But think about this for a moment. Kronos dares to wage war on us. He dares to try and take away what is ours, which is Hogwarts. Would you all really let him do that?" 

I grinned as Percy was met with dozens of voices that yelled "NO!" Percy seemed pleased with the answer and motioned for everyone to calm down once more before he continued. 

"This war isn't going to be easy, I'm going to tell you all straight up. But we can do this. We can win if we all trust one another. One person cannot hope to accomplish much, but many of you put in your efforts as well, you can accomplish many things. Put your old rivalries aside that was started centuries ago." Percy turned and narrowed his eyes at the Gryffindor table before his gaze switched to the Slytherin table. 

Many of the students sitting at those two tables looked away, ashamed. "For example: The rivalry between Gryffindor's and Slytherin's. Both houses have to learn to work together. You all can't spend the whole time here hating each other for reasons that was centuries ago." Percy sighed and ran a hand through his already disheveled hair. "So? What do you say?" 

The Slytherin's and Gryffindor's glanced at each other for a few moments before many of them started to yell things like "I'm sorry" "This rivalry is something I never understood but I just went with the flow" "Yeah, we should restart and rebuild our friendships." 

Percy clapped his hands and everyone fell silent once more. "Let's not focus on that now. What we should focus on at the moment is the upcoming war. Let's show these dark wizards and these titans and monsters that we are not a force to be reckoned with!" 

When Percy finished his surprisingly great speech, the Great Hall erupted into screams and yells of approval from all four houses. I was surprised that people from the next country over couldn't hear us. 

When the yelling died down, all of the students stood up at the same time and applauded at Percy's speech, making him turn red in embarrassment. He made his way back to his seat and sat down beside me, his face still as red as a tomato. "You did really good, Percy. I'm proud of you." I said, smiling. 

I spotted Harry, Hermione, and Ron grinning at us in encouragement. I waved at them before returning my attention back to my boyfriend. Percy grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and downed it all in one gulp before setting the empty glass back on the table. He locked eyes with me and exhaled. "Well. We should start preparing and be ready to kick the living daylights out of Kronos, yes?" 

I smirked as I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Of course."

Word count: 1930

Happy Chinese New Year to people that celebrate it :)

Whoop this book is coming to a end. Comment if I should make a sequel once I've finished this book. And 57k reads?? You guys are amazing. 

Have some blue cookies. *inserts blue cookies here*