Chapter 37

Laurence's pov

I waited at my house for Garroth but after he was late and no response to the calls and texts . So I ended up walking to the high school alone. Once there it was almost time to start the school days when I saw Garroth talking to cat.

"Garroth? Where were you?"

"Oh, Laurence," he looked down for a moment,"my parents took my phone and dropped me off this morning."

"Ah, I see, what did you do to get your phone of off you?"

"Uh,I guess I should tell you," Garroth took my hand and walked me to the bathroom at a fast paste.

"My parents...want us to break up."

"But we're not going to."

"I know," he stayed silent for some time,"I have tried to tell them."

Garroth's pov

"Um, maybe we can-" Laurence started to make a suggestion but I cut him off.

"No, I can deal this on my own," I sounded more harsh then I meant to and Laurence flinched a little from that.

"Does it matter who deals with it?"

"You're just my boyfriend and this is a family matter."

"Just you're boyfriend," Laurence looked down as I felt regret stab me.

"I mean, you know that you're special to me, but this is- I can handle it on my own."

"I'm going to get my parents to talk to yours," I was going to reply but he leaned closer to my and kissed me preventing me from it.

I stepped closer to him so our bodies were pressed together more. Laurence began to brush his hand through my hair in a calming way, I was holding the back of his head. When we broke apart, panting a little bit, I checked my phone.

"We have four minutes before the bell," I paused for a while,"there is no way I can convince you to stay out of this, is there?"

"Nope, think of it as me telling you I love you," he said with a smile.

I honestly froze up. I know that he loves me but he has never directly told me. I began to blush a lot just from that.

"Uh sorry, are we not at that stage yet?" Laurence asked a little confused, dropping his smile.

"No, no, no, no, It's fine, It just took me by surprise," things fell silent for a few seconds,"love you too, Babe."

Laurence's eyes instantly lit up as he chuckled from my awkwardness. Then the bell rang.