10- Playing This Game Will End Up in Inappropriate Positions

Start from the beginning

Well, I do love strawberry jam. I shrugged and placed it in the cart. We stopped by the Mexican section which was empty and my eyes stopped at the premade tortilla. I debated on getting whether flour tortilla or taco shells. I had the two packages in my hands and narrowed my eyes at each.

“Al-ee!” Liam exclaimed from beside me and I could see the cart shaking as he kicked his little legs to and fro. “Al-ee!”

With a sigh, I dropped my arms and stared at Liam. “Kiddo, we’re alone in this aisle. Allie’s not here. You must be so in love with her.” I mumbled the last words out of me.

“Liam!” I heard the return of Liam’s cries that made me twist my head to the owner of the voice. There on one of the seats of the cart was Allie in her cute yellow dress and the Build-A-Bear teddy bear Liam made for her on her birthday.

Blake was in front of her, his hands holding on to the cart. I took this time to check what he was wearing. He was in dark washed jeans and wore a pink button up over a white graphic printed shirt which suited him well, gripping on to his arms. His hair wasn’t gelled back like yesterday and I could see a few strands of his brown locks striking out. He looked incredibly good for someone who comes to the supermarket..

Realizing I was checking him out and immediately looked down at my shoes. I took in what I was wearing: an old pair of worn out skinny jeans and a simple striped shirt. I shifted on my feet, now anxious of how…plain and simple I looked compared to him.

“Bethany Hamilton.” His voice was deep and somewhat hoarse when he said my name, surprise clearly shown by his tone. “We meet again.”

“We always seem to run into each other in the supermarket, don’t you think?” I asked, amused at the situation. “We saw each other last Sunday, and the Sunday before that, and here we are…in the supermarket….in Sunday…running into each other…again. Are you stalking me?”

Blake let out a bark of laughter. “You amuse me; you do know that right, Bethany?”

This time it was my turn to laugh. “That’s not my objective in coming here Blake. I need to feed this surprising beast over here.” I motioned my head towards Liam who was stretching his arms to Allie who was mimicking him.

“Him too eh? Allie’s been eating like a monster the past few days. My two week food stock only lasted for one.” said Blake, shaking his head with his arms crossed over his firm broad chest. “And you’re getting him tacos?”

I glanced at the package in my hand and flustered a bit. Who on earth blushes looking at a box of taco shells?! Seriously, this is getting annoying.

“Well he eats them.” I shrugged and chucked the box in the cart. “I don’t like eating fried chicken twenty four seven.”

“Ugh.” Blake groaned and rolled his eyes. “I don’t like fried chicken anymore. After eating them straight for almost a week, I now find it disgusting.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Al-ee!” Liam suddenly cried from beside, scaring me.

Sighing, I carried him off the seat and to the ground. The only one thing I did to avoid him getting lost or wandering around the store was now kaput. Blake did the same to his daughter as he brought her little yellow dressed clad body to the floor. Liam ignored me almost instantly when his eyes landed on the girl.

I crossed my arms over chest and stared at the two little children holding hands. I clenched and unclenched my own hand, feeling a little nostalgic on the last time I held hands with someone I liked but quickly reverted my thoughts on something else.